For the past few months, I've bin snooping around Japan's online instrument stores and the likes, trying to look for a good deal.

Well that waiting around like a stalker is over.

This weeks Wednesday, I found 3 of probably the best deals I have ever seen here in Japan ( which is a bit of a picky and overpriced country ) , so the moment I saw those 3, I just had to pick it up. So I put an order on it.

This was actually supposed to be a Triple Rack Unit day, but unfortunately one of the 3 pieces was sniped out of my order, and so I was only able to acquire 2. Fortunately, the one that I wasn't able to acquire was not a vital piece in the toans, so I'm grateful.

And after a long wait, this Saturday, some random guy called my phone. What did he say?

"Sir you have a balance of 70,000 yen" ( 885 USD according to today's XE converter )

I was like. WTF there's a guy trying to scam me? But then I realized it was Saturday and it was the day I told the stores I bought these stuff to send it over.

So I told the guy that I know, and he told me he was coming over.

30 mins later, in front of our apartment, a truck stopped, carrying the label of YAMATO TAKKYUBIN ( Yamato Delivery ) and dropped these goods to my door.

I payed my balance, and THESE ARE MINE!

Ok enough with the drama, here's a pic of the 2 units with my crappy cellphone camera.

For those that don't know.

Top : ENGL E530
Bottom : Digitech GSP1101

Review coming up next.
Review :

ENGL E530 :
Bought : 40,000 yen ( USED )
This is the first tube preamp I have owned. I've played a lot of tube amps in the past, and once suggested here when I was thinking of picking one up was ENGL. I jumped around stores trying to find which ENGL fits me the most, and found out that I was GASSING for the Invader 150 the moment I tried it. This sounds a bit different from it, but it still has the power that I loved from all the ENGLs I've tried. I'm currently running it with just crappy computer speakers through the Stereo Headphone Out, but its already giving me nothing but WOWs everytime I play it. I know I'm still in the honeymoon stage of it, But I know this is a Keeper.

DIGITECH GSP1101:
Bought : 30,000 yen ( USED ) as a set with the Control 2
I have no complaints of this unit. It's easy to use, its simple, and its sound quality is superb in my ears. I'm currently running the E530 as the main preamp and the GSP1101 as effects in 4 CM, and I'm purely satisfied with it.

Complaints :
Pretty much only the fact that the ENGL doesn't support MIDI so I can't switch it via relay from the GSP1101 + Control 2. I'm planning on picking up a floorboard that can control both sometime in the near future, so the Control 2 will have to go.

Last edited by Syriel at Jul 17, 2011,
I've used the ENGL (I think it's that exact model) many times, often in a live situation, and I really didn't like it.

Hope you are happy with it tough
Fender Jaguar
Morley PVO +
TC Polytune
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss DS2
Blackstar HT-40
Digitech Timebender
TC Trinity

(offboard; Whammy IV, Crybaby 535Q, Digitech RP100A)
Quote by Penn100
I've used the ENGL (I think it's that exact model) many times, often in a live situation, and I really didn't like it.

Hope you are happy with it tough

We all have different ears so I'm not surprised. I'm definitely happy with it so thanks!
Should have gone for the G-major if you wanted MIDI. I use my G-major to midi switch my ENGL e530. GSP is a nice unit though!
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Should have gone for the G-major if you wanted MIDI. I use my G-major to midi switch my ENGL e530. GSP is a nice unit though!

Well for the price of 300USD of GSP1101 + Control 2, you could never go wrong. I'm thinking of selling the Control 2 down the road and trading it with a midi floorboard that can do switching of both.

Fellow E530 user **** yeah.
Woah, epics

This is an awesome NAD... What was it that you wanted but did not get?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by GS LEAD 5
^He wanted an Axe Fx

HUSH. I has no need for an Axe FX.

I wasn't able to pickup the korg rack tuner DTR-2000, which went up for 5,000 yen ( roughly around $63 according to the converter today). It was so cheap I had to grab it, but got sniped by someone ordering it 5 minutes before me.
For what you got I think it's plenty to be happy about. You're right the rack tuner is a relatively small piece of the puzzle.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
For what you got I think it's plenty to be happy about. You're right the rack tuner is a relatively small piece of the puzzle.

Yeah its actually just for MOAR LIGHTS. XD The GSP has a tuner anyways so I'm perfectly fine without it.
Quote by Syriel
Yeah its actually just for MOAR LIGHTS. XD The GSP has a tuner anyways so I'm perfectly fine without it.

So what's the power section gonna be?

Mesa Stereo 2:Ninety?
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Quote by ragingkitty
So what's the power section gonna be?

Mesa Stereo 2:Ninety?

What are you. Psychic? XD

Yeah I've bin thinking either that or keep it all ENGL with a E840/50. I'm leaning on the Mesa tho, simply because the used market is full of them as opposed to the ENGL with is rare as **** here, even new.

I'm thinking of grabbing a cab first tho, simply because the ENGL has a SS power section, and I can use that for a while until I can grab the Power Amp.
HNDRD and HNERD! again!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by Syriel
What are you. Psychic? XD

Haha I wish I was. The 2:Ninety happened to be the power amp I was thinking of when I was thinking of a power amp.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
So wanted this thread to start with the words..

I started puberty at 13....

HNGD

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by ragingkitty
Haha I wish I was. The 2:Ninety happened to be the power amp I was thinking of when I was thinking of a power amp.

Great minds think alike?

Quote by Tom 1.0
So wanted this thread to start with the words..

I started puberty at 13....

HNGD

I started puberty at 13...

Last edited by Syriel at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by Tom 1.0
Clips? X

Will come in a week or so. I'm kinda busy with school and work. Will probably just post them up in the DSP thread if i get lazy. If not, it will be posted here. XD