So today during band practice, I decided to stand up with my guitar strap on (without me holding the guitar of course, since, you know, I thought the strap would hold it), but lo and behold, the strap near the neck of the guitar decided to be a douche and managed to somehow unhook itself and down went my guitar into the hard, rocky floor, strings side down. Several screws popped out near the pickup holders as well as the washer that keeps my pickup selector in place (its a les paul). After giving them a quick fix, I tried to resume practice but my neck pickup wasn't working at all. Does anybody have a solution to this?

tl;dr - My guitar fell as I was standing onto a hard concrete floor, strings side down, and now my neck pickup doesn't work. What should I do?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Last edited by EncoreBlade at Jul 17, 2011,
Probably the switch I'd say. Les Paul style toggles arent particularly durable.
Have a look and see if the switch looks OK and is working fine mechanically.
Well take a look at the wiring maybe something went loose and needs to be re soldered.
for the switch am I supposed to take that little circle backplate off in the back of the guitar? And for looking at my pickup wiring, does that require taking off my strings too?
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Yeah, the round plate is the switch cover.
You shouldn't need to take the strings off to check the pickup wiring, just the backplate on the control cavity.