So what is the strangest ending to a TV season you have seen?

I remember on a show called The Hard Times of RJ Berger, in the final season 1 scene he has sex with a girl who liked him but she is on a hospital bed hooked up to a machine and dying, then after he walks out the room her heartbeat stops leading you to believe she died, then when he is walking away through the hospital he says "My name is RJ Berger, and I just did the right thing"
Last edited by guio/billie-joe at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by guio/billie-joe
So what is the strangest ending to a TV season you have seen?

I remember on a show called The Hard Times of RJ Berger, in the final season 1 scene he has sex with a girl who liked him but she is on a hospital bed hooked up to a machine and dying, then after he walks out the room her heartbeat stops leading you to believe she died, then when he is walking away through the hospital he says "My name is RJ Berger, and I just did the right thing"

It's pretty obvious, man. Clearly the Make-a-Wish foundation told him she wanted some dick. The man's a saint.
Glee season 1. They perform Bohemian Rhapsody whilst cutting to shots of Quinn giving birth. It was clever, but still a bit weird/abstract
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
The end of Battlestar Galactica was weird. I mean the ending with All Along The Watchtower etc.

Very strange.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Heroes. We get a cliffhanger, but the show just stops.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
The most recent half-season finale of South Park definitely left a lot of people wondering. Its almost disturbing to see a relatively serious episode of South Park.
Quote by Ghostmaker
The most recent half-season finale of South Park definitely left a lot of people wondering. Its almost disturbing to see a relatively serious episode of South Park.

You mean the one were everything is shit?
The Sopranos and Lost.

The Sopranos just because of the ambiguity of it, Lost because as much as I loved that show, it just wasn't a good ending and there was so much left unanswered.
Funny words.
Last edited by I_Am_Iron_Man at Jul 17, 2011,
Stargate Universe ended with a weird cliffhanger. I read afterwards that the show had been cancelled so I guess it kinda made sense because of that. But still man, **** cliffhangers.
Fringe ended kinda weirdly. That's not the whole series though it's just the 3rd season.

SPOILERS
Breaking bad season 2 ending was kinda weird as well. The pink teddy bear in the pool in the backwards ending was identical to one I saw in the first episode in Walter's house so I was sure it was some drug lord or Pinkman threatening his daughter/ rest of family, not a plane crash. That show has somewhat weird season endings all the time, though.
end of Spoilers

Quote by garfgarfgarf
Twin Peaks.

This is a very weird show altogether I just started watching it.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
Last edited by yaaarp at Jul 17, 2011,
Probably not as weird as the others mentioned but The Sopranos had quite an unconventional ending. Theres loads of theories on what happened after to do with factors in the last scene. Alot of people hated it but i kinda like it .
Quote by unet
Neon Genesis Evangelion.

What is this i don't even = my reaction.

It's not that hard to understand. Gendo uses the remains of Adam and which live in his hand and one of the Rei's as a means of starting the progression of humanity to a single entity, the goal of Seele, while Shinji travels through depression into an existence in the now combined humanity where he is finally at peace with himself and all the others around him. Unless you count the true ending to be the end of evangelion or any of the various other endings.

on second thoughts I concur.
Quote by Joshwalad
Scrubs season 9.

IT JUST ****ING ENDED!

Got cancelled.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
I agree with Evangelion. I understood it, but still... I was like, "What the ****?"
Roseanne and Dinosaurs had pretty ****ed up endings, from what I've heard.
Also, it pissed me off that they cancelled "Terminator- The Sarah Connor Chronicles." ****ing cliffhanger, man!
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
The Sopranos and Lost.

The Sopranos just because of the ambiguity of it, Lost because as much as I loved that show, it just wasn't a good ending and there was so much left unanswered.

Goddammit, the Sopranos is not ambiguous. You have to be dumb to not understand what happened.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by Neo Evil11

I miss heroes... so much.
*SPOILER ALERT*

tony soprano was killed at the end of the last episode by the dude in the members only jacket.
#DTWD
Quote by GoxGetterxGuy

I miss heroes... so much.

The first season was amazing, everything else was just trying to do what they did with the first season. I was so disappointed with what that show could have been but never was. What they should have done was have a character with Peter or Sylar power-level that didn't know about any other super powered person and decided he was god and did something crazy like attempt to take over America with killing the president, pushing the "heroes" into the public eye suddenly.

Quote by primusfan
*SPOILER ALERT*

tony soprano was killed at the end of the last episode by the dude in the members only jacket.

This, nothing else could have happened.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
also, i'm glad someone mentioned Dinosaurs. it's a really bizarre and dark ending to a children's show.

EDIT: i just googled it and apparently the series finale had a parental warning attached to it stating the episode contained matter which could easily be disturbing or upsetting to young viewers.

and roseanne was just dumb.

also the infamous third season finale of MASH. it was strange, but not bad. just strange in that the cast didn't even know what was going to happen until it happened. very bizarre thing to do, but it definitely makes it even darker and more intense. damn.

and shit what was i watching the other day? ... oh, house. the season that ended with amber dying. that's not strange though. just depressing.
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by Neo Evil11

As far as I know, they're making some kind of movie or novel or whatever to finish off the story.

I watch conventional (and some may say, generic) sitcoms, so other than cliffhangers there aren't any weird season endings for me.
Don't know how people found Lost as a weird ending .............the whole show was fricking weird but I loved it :-)

Can't think of any though at the moment
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Clone High's one and only season's ending was weird just because it was such a huge cliffhanger, too many questions unanswered. Same goes for Undergrads.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by I_Am_Iron_Man
The Sopranos and Lost.

I loved Lost for the first few series. By the last episode all of its original awesomeness had been dismantled and pissed on.
The Border, ends with a cliffhanger AND THERES NO NEXT SEASON. WHAT THE **** MAN.
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Lost, but only in the sense that I found it strange that I managed to watch that piece of shit. Good first couple of seasons, and decided to keep watching in the hope that they'd answer some questions
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Gargantuan
Alf

I read somewhere that Alf was supposed to run for 1 more episode, which would resolve everything. But without it, the ending is kinda scary.
Good old Pete. Isn't he too old to masturbate? - Pete Townshend
Don't mind your make-up, you better make your mind up. - Frank Zappa
The Sopranos. It's beautiful yet painful. I watched THE ENTIRE SERIES for THAT?!?!?!?! ARGH!!!!!! It leaves so much open though, so I made it a happy ending in my head. I can't listen to Don't Stop Believing in the same way now.

EDIT:
Quote by primusfan
*SPOILER ALERT*

I know that, it's probably a reference to The Godfather (2?) where they get a gun from the loo, but I'll still make it a happy ending.
Last edited by TEK34 at Jul 20, 2011,
^well it's that and the foreshadowing in another episode talking about how when you're dead you don't even know it. when you get whacked everyone knows it but you. it's already over.

every time the bell rings in the restaurant as the door opens, tony looks up and then the camera cuts to his point of view seeing the respective family member. when he looked up as the final bell rung, the camera, in Tony's POV, should've seen meadow walking in. instead, he saw total blackness. cue end of series.
#DTWD