Page 1 of 2
Mmm, mmmm.

I don't watch very many TV shows, and what I do watch, I typically watch on the internet, but new Breaking Bad merits an appointment. I go so far as to say, confidently, it's the best show on television right now. The character and plot development, the cinematography, the sheer tightness of the writing. Unlike some "critically acclaimed" shows, you can tell they're not simply throwing things at the wall and seeing what sticks, or inserting twists solely for shock value.

Now...

SPOILERS

I'm wondering how Jesse manages to avoid getting killed after himself killing Gale, since the trailer shows both him and Walt in front of Gus and his guys.

Discuss.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Last edited by ErikLensherr at Jul 17, 2011,
don't watch the trailers. they overhype and destroy and mislead.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
I'm pretty excited. I've been watching this show since the start of the first season and I love it. I'm so happy it's finally back on.
I can't watch it until I get home from vacation because my family wants to watch it together... tell me without spoiling anything... is it good?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I've seen through the first two seasons and I'll be starting the third season soon, and I'm recording the fourth in the meantime. Excellent, excellent show.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by rgrockr
I can't watch it until I get home from vacation because my family wants to watch it together... tell me without spoiling anything... is it good?

Is what good? The new episode? Or the show itself?

The new episode only just started.
Quote by daytripper75
Is what good? The new episode? Or the show itself?

The new episode only just started.

Oh ok. Yeah I meant the episode, I already know the show is awesome.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
The episode is pretty good. It's almost over now. Not a lot happens, yet a lot happens if that makes any sense. haha
Kinda like "The Fly" from last season.

Spoiler Alert

Gus is a stone cold mofo.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Episode was awesome. I don't understand why

Spoilers

Gus killed Victor.
Quote by U-neek
Now that is an epic win right there!!!!

I made an epic win
Jackson RR24M
PSN: Livewire410
I'm guessing because they saw his face at the crime scene so he's a liability now.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
Damn you tempting spoilers. I recorded it and am about to watch it. Breaking Bad is the best show on television. <3
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
jaw dropped when you know what happened.

not because it was unexpected, but how it played out.
epic Denny's trip is epic.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by ErikLensherr
I'm guessing because they saw his face at the crime scene so he's a liability now.

SPOILER!!

I kinda figured it was more to make a point like he killed him for ****ing up and allowing them to kill Gus in the first place, but a point to them because Victor established himself as an option to Gus, it was a threatening way to accept Walt's offer I guess. But that was tense as shit. I would have shit myself if I were either Jesse or Walt.

Also, have you guys heard this talk about color coding the characters? I read something along the lines of the colors the characters wear have symbolic significance.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by guitarhero_764
FUCK I MISSED IT

FUCK FUCK FUCK

This shit better be on the AMC website...

It will definitely be on again sometime soon. I know it was on again immediately after it finished.
About to go desperately flip through channels. Or I can just wait till tomorrow when they have it on the site. NO BIGGIE
Quote by guitarhero_764
About to go desperately flip through channels. Or I can just wait till tomorrow when they have it on the site. NO BIGGIE

I don't know if they it through their website like other channels. Do you have digital cable or sattelite where you can just look when it's on next? I can find it for you if you need me to.
Nah I found it . It starts in 34 minutes. This night just got sooo much better. And I was about to go to sleep...

And yeah AMC streams their shows.
i missed the last part when jesse and walt are talking in denny's, my roommate starrted playing drums right at that part. what was it that jesse said to walt at the end about how they all no their place. i couldnt tell if he was talking about making walts life a living hell or gus's life a living hell
Quote by Haggard_Cky
i missed the last part when jesse and walt are talking in denny's, my roommate starrted playing drums right at that part. what was it that jesse said to walt at the end about how they all no their place. i couldnt tell if he was talking about making walts life a living hell or gus's life a living hell

He said something along the lines of Gus being like "if I can't kill you I can sure as shit make you wish you were dead."
Good god damn that was tense.

SPOILERish

They are totally going to have to kill Gus soon.

Quote by tayroar
SPOILER!!

I kinda figured it was more to make a point like he killed him for ****ing up and allowing them to kill Gus in the first place, but a point to them because Victor established himself as an option to Gus, it was a threatening way to accept Walt's offer I guess. But that was tense as shit. I would have shit myself if I were either Jesse or Walt.

Also, have you guys heard this talk about color coding the characters? I read something along the lines of the colors the characters wear have symbolic significance.

Haven't heard of that, but the bitch married to Hank is always wearing purple
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Wow what an awesome way to start a season. As cliche as the whole "villain kills accomplice because he's angry" thing is I thought they did an incredible job with that whole scene (I love how they built up the tension by keeping Gus silent almost the entire time), I can't think of a TV show that's done a better job of showing the dark side of a character in such a short time.
/fanboyrant
Quote by uhh_me?
jaw dropped when you know what happened.

not because it was unexpected, but how it played out.

seriously. i've not really followed the show incessantly. saw the premiere episode. kind of missed it because i was busy with other stuff. seen a few episodes since. but i figured i'd catch tonight's because i was hanging out and know enough to know what was going on.

but damn! that was some stone cold shit, man. they really milked that scene. added to the discomfort of the situation.
#DTWD
Alright just got done watching it.

I have to say that Gus killing Victor was way too predictable, I know what they were going for but I guess I thought there'd be a more interesting story to tell. I even guessed that last line of his "get back to work", so obvious lol. Victor and Gale were like my favorite minor characters, and now they're both dead

Jesse turned into a **** all of a sudden. Did he really say "bet he's somewhere now" about killing Gale? I couldn't really hear. Jesse was my favorite so hopefully its just some kind of ****ed up post-traumatic stress and he doesn't turn into a complete dick like Walt.

Good episode though, as always with this show.
Quote by guitarhero_764
Alright just got done watching it.

I have to say that Gus killing Victor was way too predictable, I know what they were going for but I guess I thought there'd be a more interesting story to tell. I even guessed that last line of his "get back to work", so obvious lol. Victor and Gale were like my favorite minor characters, and now they're both dead

Jesse turned into a **** all of a sudden. Did he really say "bet he's somewhere now" about killing Gale? I couldn't really hear. Jesse was my favorite so hopefully its just some kind of ****ed up post-traumatic stress and he doesn't turn into a complete dick like Walt.

Good episode though, as always with this show.

Jesse's been doing this since he went into rehab though. Jesse's a total pessimist and shuts down at the first sign of trouble, it's why he needs Walt. Walt truly doesn't understand a situation he can't think himself out of. And, Hell, I'm not entirely sure he's wrong. He just thought himself out of (or bought himself more time to succesfully think himself out of) a pretty sticky situation.
I don't mean his pessimistic attitude, I think that suits him very well considering what happened to Jane(they were such an awesome couple, **** Walt and his psychotic ways). I mean the fact that he's making light of Gale's death only a few hours after he killed him. He used to have this charming innocence about him and now he's just another hardcore meth cook willing to do whatever it takes.

Not that I want to judge by the first episode or anything though.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I don't mean his pessimistic attitude, I think that suits him very well considering what happened to Jane(they were such an awesome couple, **** Walt and his psychotic ways). I mean the fact that he's making light of Gale's death only a few hours after he killed him. He used to have this charming innocence about him and now he's just another hardcore meth cook willing to do whatever it takes.

Not that I want to judge by the first episode or anything though.

Oh, I didn't take that as him being hardcore at all. I saw it as more of a denial, not quite passive aggressive thing but that's the word that comes to mind. Like I feel like he's torn up on the inside (the only time he talked the whole episode was at Denny's when he usually says some stupid shit that enrages someone) but he's trying to hold up a hard exterior. The way he was just laughing just made me think it was a sad laugh, like "oh were ****ed" laugh.

Also, I thought Victor was upset because it was his ass. He screwed up and let that happen. He was supposed to find Jesse and failed, Gail died because of it. I kinda suspect that whole "I can cook thing" was trying to show his value to Gus as much as it was to Walt and Jesse.
Quote by tayroar
Oh, I didn't take that as him being hardcore at all. I saw it as more of a denial, not quite passive aggressive thing but that's the word that comes to mind. Like I feel like he's torn up on the inside (the only time he talked the whole episode was at Denny's when he usually says some stupid shit that enrages someone) but he's trying to hold up a hard exterior. The way he was just laughing just made me think it was a sad laugh, like "oh were ****ed" laugh.

Also, I thought Victor was upset because it was his ass. He screwed up and let that happen. He was supposed to find Jesse and failed, Gail died because of it. I kinda suspect that whole "I can cook thing" was trying to show his value to Gus as much as it was to Walt and Jesse.
Meh I dunno, he's never seemed like a hard exterior kind of guy. When Jane died he was broken up about it for a long time afterwards.

Yeah you're probably right about Victor, but the way he was like "blood...everywhere" kind of seemed like he had some sort of thing going with Gale. They are seen a lot together, at least from what I can remember. Speculation I guess.
Quote by guitarhero_764
Meh I dunno, he's never seemed like a hard exterior kind of guy. When Jane died he was broken up about it for a long time afterwards.

Yeah you're probably right about Victor, but the way he was like "blood...everywhere" kind of seemed like he had some sort of thing going with Gale. They are seen a lot together, at least from what I can remember. Speculation I guess.

I don't know, I always thought the Jane thing broke him a little bit. He was very hard exterior after coming out of rehab. Don't you remember the spiel about him being like "everyone has their role to play and I know what mine is...the villain." Jesse is just a very confused individual, which I like, his emotions always make sense to me, and judging by the previews for next week, I think him about to kill the drug dealers tipped his toes in a full blown relapse, but the Gale thing and the confrontation with Gus will push him full force back into addiction.
i had only seen a few episodes before this so i didnt really know what was going on, plus my TVs reception was pretty shitty, but i thought it was pretty good, i only wish the previous seasons were on netflix instant stream so i could watch them easier, but if i remember im gonna watch this season
you brought a hooker to church?
Quote by ghostnineone
i had only seen a few episodes before this so i didnt really know what was going on, plus my TVs reception was pretty shitty, but i thought it was pretty good, i only wish the previous seasons were on netflix instant stream so i could watch them easier, but if i remember im gonna watch this season

Oh man, stop now, treat yourself with the first three seasons if you can, and then watch the fourth. It's really such an amazing story you'll want to understand it.
Quote by tayroar
Oh man, stop now, treat yourself with the first three seasons if you can, and then watch the fourth. It's really such an amazing story you'll want to understand it.

well i read about them all before, and i just read about the 3rd season after i watched the premier, but i agree that it deserves to be watched, AMC seems to have a lot of really good shows, ive never watched mad men but its supposed to be good, along with the killing (i caught the 2nd to last episode :/), and breaking bad
you brought a hooker to church?
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by jakesmellspoo
Page 1 of 2