hi guys, im playing normal 6 strings guitar for years, and as when scouting for metal amp, ive seen alot of users demo with 7 or even 8 strings electric guitars via youtube for chugging, so i am wondering if i would start to venture into 7 string guitar, rhythm playing.

but i have no idea of 7 string chord or playing skillset. apprecaite if any of you would like to guide further...thanks...
the same way as a 6 string... but with an extra B string. there isnt a trick to it I dont reckon.

you can allways bass up your powerchords too on songs that are for 6 strings.

for instance, F#5....

E||----------------------||
B||----------------------||
G||----------------------||
D||-------4---------4----||
A||-------4----4----4----||
E||--2----2----2----2----||
B||--2----2--------------||

first 2 are 7 string variations the second two are the standard 6 string ordeal.
"When losers say it's over with you know that it's a lie
The gods made heavy metal and it's never gonna die"
its just like playing a 6 string only with lower notes. its way easier to adjust to than you're thinking it is
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I was always curious - is playing power chords on a 7 string is the same as standard E tuning or simiilar to like drop D or C? You know, with one finger or two?
Quote by MvAgusta
I was always curious - is playing power chords on a 7 string is the same as standard E tuning or simiilar to like drop D or C? You know, with one finger or two?

Depends how you tune it. In standard 7 string tuning they're exactly the same as 6 string standard tuned power chords. All the extra string is is a low B, all the relationships between the higher B and the high E on a 6 string guitar work exactly the same way as the two low strings on a 7 string.

You can also tune it down the same way you can a 6 string and get one finger power chords.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.