I'm getting an interface for my birthday fairly soon, it's my first one. I want to be able to do decent recordings with it. It'll be run through either my desktop Mac with OSX 10.4 or a Windows 7 laptop (not sure about what type of laptop it is exactly yet, I'll ask when it's ordered) and using Cockus Reaper.

Can anyone give me advice on what one to get? My limit is about £150.

I've been looking at the Line 6 Pod UX2, but I'm willing to go for alternatives. By then I'll possibly have either a Blackstar Ht 100 head or Stage 60 combo, and they both have emulated out. Does this mean I can run the amp into the interface and get the amp's tone?

Thanks for any suggestions
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Just get a ux1
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
I own the Line 6 TonePort UX2, which is the previous incarnation of the POD UX2, and I love it. The UX1 is okay like adj209 is saying, but I prefer the UX2. You can record more instruments at once if you are recording a jam, etc. Sometimes I record when my friends and I jam with just a few mics around the room to get different dynamics, and you can only do one mic with the POD UX1.
Quote by James_Het_Rules
If you'd like a nice example of how well a UX2 works, check out anything on my soundclick. I've been using the same UX2 for about 3 years now, and I ****ing love it. The UX1 is meh. The UX8 is meh. The UX 2 though, is where it's at. Well worth the money, and you honestly won't ever have to buy expansion packs for the amps. Once you find the sound you want, you're set, and it doesn't take long.

Wow, I listened to Who We Are, awesome song by the way. I think that's exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks a lot man.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube