2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
gotta be a joke.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Darkflame
it really annoys me when people say their guitars are Fender, when they're in fact Squiers...

Agree with this completely. I hate when people call their LTD's ESP's. Anyone who's played a real ESP knows that the terms are not interchangeable

Though I will admit it's probably not as annoying as calling Epiphones Gibsons.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Agree with this completely. I hate when people call their LTD's ESP's. Anyone who's played a real ESP knows that the terms are not interchangeable

Though I will admit it's probably not as annoying as calling Epiphones Gibsons.

I hate when people give a crap about people calling LTD's ESP's when in fact ESP is all over the guitar and they are called ESP LTD's
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
Quote by DamagingExcess
I hate when people give a crap about people calling LTD's ESP's when in fact ESP is all over the guitar and they are called ESP LTD's

I hate it when people give a crap about other people who give a crap about about people calling LTD's ESP's when in fact ESP is all over the guitar and they are called ESP LTD's
my ltd says esp on it more times that it does ltd so i call it an esp. plus people don't know what you're talking about when you say ltd without saying esp first.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Quote by Darkflame
it really annoys me when people say their guitars are Fender, when they're in fact Squiers...

I KNOW. EVERY. SINGLE. AD. on craigslist says, "Fender Strat electric guitar" but as soon as I see that it's only $85 or less, I know its a Squier, which really pisses me off. People can't just read the headstock...?
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Quote by shredibanez24
I KNOW. EVERY. SINGLE. AD. on craigslist says, "Fender Strat electric guitar" but as soon as I see that it's only $85 or less, I know its a Squier, which really pisses me off. People can't just read the headstock...?

that is the problem, they do read the headstock carefully enough to notice the little fender logo underneath where it says "Squier" and the fender logo on the back of the headstock, too. so they list it as a fender. it is pretty annoying if you're actually looking for a fender and not a squier...
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Jul 17, 2011,
I can understand the confusion when people new to gear try and sell they "fender squier" because it actually says fender on it, so people get confused. But the whole "Gibson Epiphone Les Paul" Really annoys the **** outta me.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Quote by Pocopot
I hate it when people give a crap about other people who give a crap about about people calling LTD's ESP's when in fact ESP is all over the guitar and they are called ESP LTD's

I hate you all

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by shredibanez24

I'm pretty sure a lot of the time it's not so much about the guy not reading the headstock as it is about him trying to scam some poor beginner into thinking he's getting a great deal on an actual Fender while he's in fact buying a Squier.
Seen it happen with two younger friends, was able to warn one of them.
LTD is not ESP. It may say it on the guitar, but the LTD is not up to ESP standards. I wouldn't call my Toyota a Lexus because it's owned by the same company. It's even more different with ESP and LTD because they aren't even made by the same factory.
Quote by Darkflame

me fucking too. same with epiphones and any other cheaper brand under a larger brand. I also hate when you see someone selling a marshall amp, click on it, and its a damn MG piece of shit!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by W4RP1G
LTD is not ESP. It may say it on the guitar, but the LTD is not up to ESP standards. I wouldn't call my Toyota a Lexus because it's owned by the same company. It's even more different with ESP and LTD because they aren't even made by the same factory.

Depends man, yeah I can see how the lower end ones do not compare to a real ESP but anything in the higher end 1000 range like the EC1000 or the MH1000 are awesome guitars, and are very comparable to the ESP equivalents of themselves. Its a little different than cars too because Toyota makes its own models, and arent modeled after Lexus cars, where the shapes and styles of the LTD's are just factory made variants of the hand made ESP's.

Another thing to realize is that we all know what Epiphones Squires, and LTD's are, whereas a lot of beginners arent sure, so if they can associate it with a bigger and more known brand name, they kind of know what they are dealing with.
Quote by Pocopot

You're not clever...
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Quote by W4RP1G

No but They are called "ESP LTD guitars". Every ESP LTD guitar has ESP in the name right before LTD as you can see. They are ESP budget guitars.
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
I see that all the time in the ads.

It's an Epiphone not a Gibson.
It's a Squier not a Fender.
It's an LTD not an ESP.

Do they listen? Nooo...
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by DamagingExcess
No but They are called "ESP LTD guitars". Every ESP LTD guitar has ESP in the name right before LTD as you can see. They are ESP budget guitars.

What? No they're not. The only place that calls them that is Guitar Center, and we all know that they're completely honest in their marketing techniques

The only place LTD guitars say ESP is on the back of the headstock on new models, and on the truss rod on older models.

Grassroots guitars also say ESP, and so do Edwards. Does that make them ESPs as well?

They're not the same.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
What? No they're not. The only place that calls them that is Guitar Center, and we all know that they're completely honest in their marketing techniques

The only place LTD guitars say ESP is on the back of the headstock on new models, and on the truss rod on older models.

Grassroots guitars also say ESP, and so do Edwards. Does that make them ESPs as well?

They're not the same.

They're the same get over it lol
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Quote by DamagingExcess
They're the same get over it lol

That's like saying a Scion is a Toyota. Sure it's made by Toyota and on the same lots as Toyota but you don't call it a Toyota tC or a Toyota Scion tC, you call it a Scion tC.

Also applies with Lexus.

They're just not the same.
Quote by Pac_man0123
That's like saying a Scion is a Toyota. Sure it's made by Toyota and on the same lots as Toyota but you don't call it a Toyota tC or a Toyota Scion tC, you call it a Scion tC.

Also applies with Lexus.

They're just not the same.

Here's the thing though. ESP has LTD guitars on their website in clear view. No where is Lexus or Scion mentioned on the toyota website. LTD is the budget guitars of ESP. They are ESP guitars.
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Quote by DamagingExcess
Here's the thing though. ESP has LTD guitars on their website in clear view. No where is Lexus or Scion mentioned on the toyota website. LTD is the budget guitars of ESP. They are ESP guitars.

Well now you're just pointing out things that have little relevance and don't prove anything.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Well now you're just pointing out things that have little relevance and don't prove anything.

It actually does. But you just won't acknowledge it. Whatever, I don't even give a shit anymore lol.
Gear:
MXR CAE WAH
Either way LTDs are still pretty good guitars. I love mine
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
Quote by JoePerry4life
But the whole "Gibson Epiphone Les Paul" Really annoys the **** outta me.

I totally understand/agree with you.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by DamagingExcess

It took 30 seconds of surfing, 10 seconds of editing, and 20 seconds of posting. I'm happy with it.
I learned something today. Toyota makes Scion and Lexus.

I hate to be that guy, but ESP, LTD and Schecter are all owned by the same guy. I think we should just cut the confusion and just use the guy's name from now on, that way we'll always know what guitar company we're talking about, and no one can be wrong about ESP or LTD.

I'm a huge fan of the Hisatake Shibuya Phoenix 1000, but I also would really like to get my hands on a Hisatake Shibuya Avenger... I could never afford a Hisatake Shibuya Eclipse II without getting a job.
Quote by Pac_man0123
What's funny is that the ESP website does not have LTD "in plain view", both websites require you to click on one link before you can view their subsidiaries/partner companies.

Yes they do have the LTD's in plain view. The ESP Website hosts all the LTD guitars on it. It doesnt differentiate between the two. If you click on Guitars, it shows you the ESP models then right below are the LTD's.
Last edited by thetoastinator at Jul 18, 2011,
I'd call an LTD an ESP. Or an ESP LTD, or whatever else... who gives a ****.
Ibanez have a bunch of different ranges from Gio to Prestige and J-Custom and so on, they're all still Ibanez guitars.

The only one I do tend to name carefully is gibson/epiphone. I dunno why, just habit now I guess.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
People calling LTD a "ESP" and not an ESP LTD or LTD are just trying to fool people into thinking they have a better guitar than they actually have... Just my opinion.
Quote by Steve635z
People calling LTD a "ESP" and not an ESP LTD or LTD are just trying to fool people into thinking they have a better guitar than they actually have... Just my opinion.

I don't think it's so much that (as no one with half a brain would ever be fooled by that), as much as it is that it just feels better, and it's nicer to say.

I used to say ESP LTD. Until I actually got my hands on some ESP's. This resulted in 2 things. A) I knew that ESP was my dream guitar company, and B) I realized how disrespectful it was to call an LTD an ESP

Obviously some people just don't care, but... hot damn, ESP's are some serious ****in guitars.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Page 1 of 2