I am currently running a Krank Rev jr pro with the Krank speaker cabinets. Overall i really like the sound I get just looking to tighten up a bit, whats the best way to go about that. Currently using a Epi Les Paul Silverburst with Blackouts and a Schecter C1 Hellraiser with EMGs.
Tubescreamer.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Tubescreamer.

+1
this is what you need.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
How much gain are you using, and where is your sweep currently?

Much as the tubescreamer is the de facto answer to tightening up an amp, I think your answer can be as simple as tweaking your settings... the Krank Rev Jr Pro is pretty middy, and I feel that throwing a TS in front of it will push it into nasally.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Clean boost kitty?

ElectroHarmonix LPB-1
Digitech Bad Monkey

Nah, I'm not convinced he needs a boost for the Krank, that amp puts out stupid amounts of gain without trying. Unless he's looking for a Mesa Mark tightness, I'm certain he just needs to adjust some settings, esp on the sweep.

Despite what may be said about the Rev Jr Pro (and the fact that I ditched one for a Mesa Mark), its a dang right versatile and powerful metal amp.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Drop the bass a little.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Quote by Vinson
Drop the bass a little.

this.

dont scoop the mids too much... scooped mids aren't necessary for a metal tone.

I would recommend a digitech bad monkey. In my opinion it's better then a ibanez ts-9 or 808. But i would try all different overdrive pedals anyway.

Don't use it for even more gain.. But use the boost for more natural gain and lessen the gain on the amp a little.. For example i have my gain on my amp at about 12-1 o' clock. Volume on max and gain on 0 on my bad monkey. It sounds more gainy but much tighter against just a higher gain setting on the amp.

Anyways play around with your EQ first.. (less bass and/or more mids)
Turn your gain control down a bit.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
Also, along with OD pedals, try an EQ pedal in front of the amp. Clean shapable boost.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
i have the Rev jr 20w, not the pro, but they are still pretty much the same amp, just mine isnt foot switchable, i have had it for about 2-3 years now, i have to say, to tighten it up i put a clean boost infront have the preamp gain set to about 1-2 oclock the sweep about 12:30, bass 11:30 and mids and trebal both at 2:30.

I use this with my ESP LTD M-1000 with EMGs in and for me it gives me the sweetest tone i cant get enough of it. this is with the volume between 10-12 oclock.

hope that helps.
Quote by wozzsta
i have the Rev jr 20w, not the pro, but they are still pretty much the same amp, just mine isnt foot switchable, i have had it for about 2-3 years now, i have to say, to tighten it up i put a clean boost infront have the preamp gain set to about 1-2 oclock the sweep about 12:30, bass 11:30 and mids and trebal both at 2:30.

I use this with my ESP LTD M-1000 with EMGs in and for me it gives me the sweetest tone i cant get enough of it. this is with the volume between 10-12 oclock.

hope that helps.

Actually, they're different amps. Krank reworked the Krank channel and with the Pro, so the circuit and the tone of the Krank channel of the Pro is completely different from the regular Jr.
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )
Turn your amp gain down a litlle and add a tubescreamer to tighten the sound.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Everyone is telling TS to use a tubescreamer but not mentioning how to actually boost it and tighten it up.

I'd get something cheap like a TS7 or Boss SD-1 (mainly because it's kind if ridiculous to pay the amount you do for the more expensive ones when for boosting they all pretty much do the same thing)... then on the pedal you want your drive OFF, the level all the way or up (or close) and tone knob to taste... usually about mid-way or high for a tighter and more "clanky" tone as I like to call it.
^ actually, a few people have said that...
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by ragingkitty
Actually, they're different amps. Krank reworked the Krank channel and with the Pro, so the circuit and the tone of the Krank channel of the Pro is completely different from the regular Jr.

hmm i didnt know that, how would you say they compare?

i love my krank rev jr, and i dont miss the footswitchable channels but i like the idea of a 50w pro would you say its more suited to tighter higher gain stuff. think djent tight with fast stops, i can get a sweet tone outta my jr but im just wandering
Quote by wozzsta
hmm i didnt know that, how would you say they compare?

i love my krank rev jr, and i dont miss the footswitchable channels but i like the idea of a 50w pro would you say its more suited to tighter higher gain stuff. think djent tight with fast stops, i can get a sweet tone outta my jr but im just wandering

Well to start with, like I mentioned, they made a few changes to the circuit itself and added an additional gain stage (there are 3 preamp stages, instead of the 2 in the Rev Jr).

Based on what I hear, this are the differences:
1. Overall I find that the Pro has more gain available than the Jr
2. The higher gain is very usable - at 2 - 3 o'clcok on the Jr, I find that it starts to flub out. However, on the Pro, up to the same position, the gain still remains tight and controlled. I find that overall the Pro is tighter than the Jr.
3. The Jr needs a OD to get into modern metal, the Pro does that easily on its own.
4. The Kleen channel is very much cleaner on the Pro than the Jr (the clean channel on this always sounds pushed to me).... but there seems to a little more fizz on the Pro's Kleen channel.

I suppose overall it very much depends on how much gain you dial in for the Pro. Personally I find it better suited for metal than the Jr (which seems to be more rock oriented, and slightly touching on metal if you really dime it).
Quote by Blompcube

( )( )