hey everyone i recently bought a Boss gt-10. the effects like chorus, flanger..... are amazing my only problem is the distortion section. i only get a thin high gain sound, but i'd really like to get a thick full rock sound. my aim is the sound of break by three days grace. maybe you could help me to achieve this sound. it would be really nice if you could tell the me which amp model, parameters and effects i have to set up

thx
.... its a multi fx pedal, ur gonna have trouble trying to get a good tone out of it one way or another. pickup a nice overdrive like one of the mxr's or an ocd. that should do it for u
Quote by andrerist
.... its a multi fx pedal, ur gonna have trouble trying to get a good tone out of it one way or another. pickup a nice overdrive like one of the mxr's or an ocd. that should do it for u

Not true at all. Many of these new multi effects have amazing tones.

http://www.youtube.com/user/extremevideopro

This guys has some great tips and stuff to get you started. I used most of his settings when I owned the GT 10, and just tweaked certain things and amps to get what tones I was looking for.
Go into the preamp section and turn the level up and make sure the gain switch is set to high. That's what I do for all preamps including clean settings. It gives a much thicker and dynamic sound. Use the EQ and tone modify effect for some extra mojo. Use the output level to control the volume. But you always want to start with a good preamp tone before you start messing with the other stuff because that will be the base.