I've been admiring the DR Neon Bass strings for a while, but i don't quite have enough money for them so i found these on ebay. I've never heard of Alice but a quick google search told me that theyre based in China.....and China isnt really known for their quality. Aesthetically they look quite dull compared to DR's and i was wondering if anyone has ever bought anything by Alice. I managed to find two reviews of them online, one person said they were great for the price but went flat quickly and the other said that they arrived dead. I honestly don't know wht dead strings sound like. Im still using the strings that came on my bass and it's been about 4 months since i got it....as long as they tune up, i play em. so has anyone had any experience with this company or should i just save up a few exra bucks and buy some DRs?
this is TOO cheap... if you are not going to gig with it and only want for fashion give it a try.. really cheap..

May be i can put it to backup so it iwll look cool at stage

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bugera Fire Wall Half Stack
^
WHAT???? I have had Alice strings on every one of my basses for a long time...DEAD??? hahaha not a chance...bad strings? NEVER. Don't fall into the trap of "if you don't buy xxx brand you'll be sorry"!!!

I still have about 10 packs of GR strings when SamAsh was blowing them out for 66 cents a set and used them with the same successful results.
Last edited by amimbari at Jul 18, 2011,
If you're worried about the whole China thing check out Strings By Aurora.
My experience with the DR Neons has been nothing but abysmal.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Jul 19, 2011,
Quote by consecutive e
If you're worried about the whole China thing check out Strings By Aurora.
My experience with the DR Neons has been nothing but abysmal.

Those are sweet. Lots of colors. I wanted some blue DR's for my Precision but they didn't make them. Might give these guys a try.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
is there anywhere on that site that shows the individual colors? cuz i couldn't find lke a color chart or anything.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Aurora strings? On the order page I think. Can't check atm because I'm on my phone but i know you can get individuals from them.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB