Sup doodz.

I realize most of these bands have recent threads dedicated to each of them, but I thought a general thread might be a good idea. Most of the bands that identify with 'The Wave' are incredibly talented songwriters and this whole scene is among the most exciting things to break through in hardcore in quite some time.

Obviously bands like La Dispute, Touche Amore, Defeater and Pianos Become The Teeth are all legit. The song Bury Your Flame almost single handedly got me to get back into what was going on in the hardcore scene after a long break from shows, message boards, downloading new bands to listen to, etc. Since I came back to the hardcore forum after a four year hiatus I've noticed a lot of you seem love these bands, and thus I concluded that creating a thread like this would be something a lot of you would like to participate in.

This thread was started with the intent to provide a location for all of us to talk about all of these bands like this, without having to go back to one of their specific pages. Additionally, I hope people who enjoy this particular subgenre of hardcore will gather here to discuss things that are related to 'The Wave' such as shows, new bands we may have not heard of, recommendations, opinions/comparisons of the aforementioned bands we all (should) know.

Alright. I hope this works/doesn't get closed.

With that being said, I will start the actual content of this thread with a challenge: I challenge anyone to provide a song written by any band in this genre that successfully combines the guitar shredding/emotionally charged lyrics/group singalong vocals/sweet riffs as well as Bury your Flames by La Dispute.

It must be ridiculous live; I'm sure as hell if I saw them live that I would be getting down on those singalongs like it was my job, loving every second of it.
Quote by JobForACowboy
um, yes it is.

sry if you havent heard of it, death metal bands that wear girl jeans = emodeath
All 5 bands are great live, guaranteed.

I got to play with Touche Amore a few weeks ago, and during Honest Sleep, our drummer, our bassist and I all got to scream the last line.
Quote by Gomorrah

It must be ridiculous live; I'm sure as hell if I saw them live that I would be getting down on those singalongs like it was my job, loving every second of it.

It is. Along with pretty much every other song of theirs. I just saw them for the second time last night, they played that song both times I went, and it was awesome both times, of course.