Hi,
I've got an Epiphone LP custom which I love... but HATE the stock pickups. I finally can replace them but don't know what to get. I've considered SD distortions, the jb/jazz combo or emgs but been getting mixed reviews on all of them. If it helps I mostly play trivium, avenged sevenfold, senses fail stuff, but also lighter things like foo fighters, the strokes, fall out boy. so what pickups, active or passive are great on distortion AND clean
thanks
don't get an SD distortion in a guitar that has a maple top. It'll sound too bright, a lot of ppl like the SD sh-5/sh-1 combo in les pauls for a versitile sound. Emgs will not be as versitile as passive pickups. Or if you want to go the dimarzio route, breeds, super distortion, tone zone, and for neck pickups, air norton, 36th anni PAF, norton, air classic
i'd be inclined to try one of the customs with a 59, as gman said, if you want to stick to duncans.

for dimarzios, I'm not as well up on their lower output models but i'd be concerned the tone zone might be too warm and the super distortion too hot.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i don't much like the jb in an lp... it can get muddy and is too hot (imo)

jazz might be a bit warm too (though it'd work fine if you like warm).

i'm guessing you're in europe?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?