Hi, I'm planning on modding my Kramer Focus 3000. I have a simple question:

When you remove the tone knobs, what's the name of the "thing" that you put in to avoid there being a hole in the pickup guard?

Thanks.
A new pickguard is not that feasible, as I'm a lefty and finding a replacement Kramer pickguard is tricky - unless you guys have any ideas?

You can see what I mean here - note the silver plug. What is that?

Quote by ethan_hanus
Nothing, they are held in by a nut already, and just have a knob shoved onto the pot shaft.
not sure what it is to me it looks like a metal plug
http://www.alltronics.com/mas_assets/thumb/28Z004.JPG

what i got from googling metal plug

looks like what you want just need the correct size
Quote by Nostoi
A new pickguard is not that feasible, as I'm a lefty and finding a replacement Kramer pickguard is tricky - unless you guys have any ideas?

One solution is to buy a normal pickguard - the screwholes will not line up, but you can dowell and redrill the guitar screwholes (refinishing as you normally would is not necessary as it'll be covered up), or if you can grab one without any screw holes you can use the old pickguard to drill new holes in the right place.
Only other alternative is to cut your own. Will probably be the cheapest option of the ones i've mentioned if you have the right tools. I did this step with a jigsaw, a file and sandpaper, along with a drill and countersink for the screwholes .
And that's why Strats annoy me.

The volume knob is just too damn close to the strings and it hits my hand as I play and it annoys the hell out of me!

/rant
Where's Waldo?