Hey
I had a Zoom G7 awhile ago, but stupidly sold it.
Now i am back into guitar and recording after a long break, i'm looking to buy a new multi FX pedal with USB that i can record with.

I loved the Zoom G7, but i'm wondering if i should buy it again - or upgrade and spend the extra money to get the Zoom G9.
What do you reckon?

Zoom G7 - URL

Zoom G9 - URL

Is the G9 worth the extra money?

Thanks!
Seems hardly worth asking consider the difference is so small. Get both manuals and compare. Heck just having the second expression pedal seems worth it.
It seems, after looking it up, that the main differences are :
- extra amp models
- energizer tube aswell as an accelerator tube (G7 only has energizer).
- an extra 26 effect types
- another expression pedal that's 3d (goes left to right, aswell as up and down).
- more patches and number of patches per bank

Are these extras worth it?
Also, has anyone got the G9 and can vouch for it?

Thanks again!
You want somebody to vouch for the better version of a multifx that you already thought was awesome?
When I was looking for a multi-fx I was torn between the G9 and the RP1000. I almost went for the G9 but than the RP1000 appeared on CL for $240 and I had to get it haha.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
RP1000 for $240?!
Wow, i might look out for one on Ebay!

If they were normal prices, would you of gone for the G9? Do you have any gripes about the RP1000?
I got my RP1000 for $225 off Craigslist. I had a G9 a while back and sold it for $175 on Craigslist. I liked the G9, but would rather have the RP1000. The nice thing about the RP1000 is that it's easy to integrate separate pedals if you want to because it has the stomp loop. It's also a new unit with IMO superior stomp FX.
Cheers mate!
How do they compare when it comes to ease of creating presets and also recording via usb?
The Rp1000 is incredibly easy to make presets. You can change everything on the fly and the effects are laid out well enough where you can quickly change a distortion effect(for example) if you wanted to try a new one out. It took awhile for me to get used to it, but once I had everything dialed in Ive gotten some killer sounds from it.

As far as USB recording for the RP1000 goes, I never had much luck with it. I bought an Audix mic to record with my amp and I'm having much better results doing that.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
The RP1000 can use USB to edit presets and has a great software editor. The G9 must use midi for preset editing. Both record via USB. Seriously you are better off with the RP.

The big drawback of the G9 is that they aren't separate distortion stomps and amp models. Get the RP if you can.
Thanks again for your help guys!
I will keep an eye out for a second hand or B stock R1000....or wait and save up for longer!

Cheers!