Saw Devin Townsend friday night and I noticed that on his guitars he has plastic covers that cover the tips of the wings. Is this something that is available for purchase? I havent been able to find anything on google.

The black at the tip is not part of the finish, it is a piece that is held on by screws. His grey guitar also had it (though it had a flame design)
Last edited by Chaosinborn at Jul 17, 2011,
I saw something similar made of neoprene on ebay once. They just sort of slipped on and stayed there due to the nature of the material I guess.
ABBA
So they screw them in to protect the finish?
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
yea thats what it looks like. Changing the color would also give you a nice change cosmetically. Id love to have white ones to put on my black guitar.
But your'e putting a hole in the finish... to protect the finish? It doesn't make sene to me.
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
Well That area has such a high chance of getting hit that a small hole would protect a lot. Besides you could do a hole in the back to fasten it.
those look kinda cool......why not get an engineer/metalworker to machine you something??

also have you emailed devin to ask him??
That'd be a really complicated piece to machine since both sides have a radius (the inner being nearly impossible manually), you would almost have to stamp it or roll it by hand.

I'm interested in this as well for my Gibson, though I'd just want clear or maybe black to match the ebony board and pickguard . EDIT: having to drill a hole for them seems really dumb in my opinion, I would not be putting them on my guitar if I had to drill a hole
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Jan 17, 2012,