im a guitarist, but i build alot of things including guitars and pedalboards and just whatever. im thinking about building my drummer an entire miscellaneous percussion kit for recording or just whatever. and kit as in ill have just some strange things in place of actual snares and and a kick drum and such. i dont have the money to have a nice kit other than a digital one at my place and he doesnt like playing it much, we also dont really have the time for him to load his up every time he comes over.

is it worth it? is this the kinda thing drummers usually hate or would it be kind of interesting to own a sort of miscellaneous kit like this?
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right
I'm a multi-instrumentalist,

as a drummer, I'd personally prefer acoustic kit over percussion instruments.

Percussion instruments(most) are generally easy to play and require almost no skill whatsoever, usually musicians who DON'T play drums buy such things to spice things up.

But as a drummer, I don't think I'd actually use it.

Basically,

Such a kit is more merit to a musician who records music with many layers and wants to spice things up, simply playing them is not as much fun as it seems.
thats really a bummer, what if i made it with the layout of a kit and set it up like an actual kit? it would play like a normal kit but have interesting tones that can spice up a recording.
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right
I think things like tone blocks and cow bells would be the common ground. I assume you mean "real" drummer as in a rock/blues drummer, because latin musicians use a lot more perscussion instruments a lot of them invented out of refuse.
It'll depend what style of music will play, but this might be a good idea.

Cajon

Its pretty much a drumkit in a box. They are pretty cheap and can be mic'd, easy to carry around, and you could use it in conjunction with other percussion if you want.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp