Hi,

i'm just bought a new gibson les paul custom standard (traditional?) faded.
I've have tried and played this guitar almost 3 hours and i just realised some fret buzz on almost every note B and some E.

example:
-7----
-0-12-
-4-16-
-9-21-
-7-14-
-7-19-

i don't understand but i'm calling the dealer to get it fix.

I would like to know if anyone knows why it does that and possibly how can i fix it myself.

thanks
The action could be too low, the truss rod could be too tight (serious problem), or it could be as simple as having new strings on the guitar. Brand new strings give lots of buzzing, give it a week or so and see if it still persists.
Was it brand new? When was it built? Gibson have started using a Plek Machine to do pretty much everything to do with the neck. It means that everything should be perfect straight out of the factory.

This is what people mean when they say Gibson's quality control is crap and there aren't many good Gibson's being made anymore. A bit of fret buzz. Yeah, for the price, the guitar should practically play itself, but you're gunna get a few guitars that aren't perfect, it's just how it goes.
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Was it brand new? When was it built?

i'be purchased it yesterday from a dealer, and serial 10321xxxx`
and
Last edited by jebus19 at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Was it brand new? When was it built?
QUOTE]

i'be purchased it yesterday from a dealer, and serial 10321xxxx

That's too bad. Like I said, it shoulda been perfectly set up. Take it back to where you got it from and they should put it right for free for you. However, the blame does lie with Gibson, so they might be a dick about it. But, if they're a decent shop, they'll fix it for you for free.
and my guitar really seems like yours in your videoclip of teeth by lady gaga.
did you try it first?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Yeah, i try it in the store many times, I've played with it 3 hours yeasterday without earing noting and today it takes one hour before i hear some buzz on the 9th fret of the D string.

After i tried to find if other string or places would do the same sound. Strangely, it's all on note B (some E too).
Every other fret are perfect.

should i try new string or just wait tomorrow at the store.
Quote by jebus19

That's too bad. Like I said, it shoulda been perfectly set up. Take it back to where you got it from and they should put it right for free for you. However, the blame does lie with Gibson, so they might be a dick about it. But, if they're a decent shop, they'll fix it for you for free.

Not really, setting it up a year ago in TN does not ensure a good setup a year later in Canada. There's are big weather and humidity difference. That's certainly enough to need a truss rod adjustment. Plus, there's no telling what the store did to it. They may have adjusted things or changed the strings.
i just dropped my guitar half a step and the fret buzz moves with the note so every B and E are still buzzing.

anyone can explained how it is possible?

thanks

i'm hurry to meet the dealer
It sounds like you don't know how to setup a guitar so I'd be reluctant to take you down that path. What store did you buy it from? Most will give you a free setup & as you mentioned the climate changes from the factory, then the air conditioned store you played it in and your home have messed with the setup.
Gibson offers a lifetime warranty but Yorkville sound only covers you a year.
BTW the description of what you bought is very confusing, there are Standards, Fadeds, Customs and Traditionals but the string of names you posted doesn't make sense.
Moving on.....
damm that sucks man....id say go to the shop and get it set up. if you spent over a grand on a guitar it should come perfectly set up for you, so dont let them charge you.

funny how a gibson can give you terrible fret buzz while with my squier ive never once struggled with fretbuzz...

gibsons are great but theyre really slipping
Quote by davem27
damm that sucks man....id say go to the shop and get it set up. if you spent over a grand on a guitar it should come perfectly set up for you, so dont let them charge you.

funny how a gibson can give you terrible fret buzz while with my squier ive never once struggled with fretbuzz...

gibsons are great but theyre really slipping

I've got three guitars that say differently. With the rather large amount of guitars they produce there are bound to be a few that aren't stellar.
Moving on.....
for those who are interested :
i've went to the luthier and he said it was the pickguard. he add a felt( i don't know if it is the good word in english, in french it is call : FEUTRE) washer so the pigkguard won't vibrate to every B.

note:
i hope my english was good enough
Are you sure it's fret buzz? The way you are describing it, it kind of sounds like those two notes you mentioned are causing something in the guitar to vibrate as well producing noise. It's odd that it only happens to the B and E notes, even when you change tuning, the buzzing follows the same notes.

EDIT: ^^ NVM I didn't see that post above...I guess I was right though
Last edited by zincabopataurio at Jul 19, 2011,