Page 1 of 2
The point of this thread is for my fellow UGers to chat about cartoons in a cartoon based thread. Any Favorites?

Any Preferences?

Ay Ideas?

..I mean..cartoons from the 90's are obviously the best..

etc. etc.
I've noticed that modern cartoons are getting kind of ****ed up like they were in the 90s, Flapjack, Regular Show, Adventure Time and to a lesser extent Spongebob have thier fair share of questionable content and grotesque close up shots.
Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Johnny Bravo.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by reversegenesis
I've noticed that modern cartoons are getting kind of ****ed up like they were in the 90s, Flapjack, Regular Show, Adventure Time and to a lesser extent Spongebob have thier fair share of questionable content and grotesque close up shots.

You need to give credit where credit was due. Ren and Stimpy. Which is the most inane combination of schizophrenic plot lining and LSD. They invented the grotesque close up shots.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Ren and Stimpy, Beavis ad Butthead. Such styles of comedy really formed 90's kids in my opinion...for better or for worse..
-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Last edited by metal4eva_22 at Jul 17, 2011,
Dexter's Lab. great show, plus in that one episode they beat up all the ponies.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by HelpTravesty
You guys already have a thread.

This. Keep the pony shit in one dark little corner of the pit, don't contaminate the rest of the place with it.
Quote by HelpTravesty

Its still a cartoon. And a dam good one at that.

-The Crimson Fucker, aka PonyFan #376121
Quote by HelpTravesty

I post in the thread and I'm going to agree here guys. You do see occasional image macros, but aside from that, the guys in the anime thread and the other topic-specific threads keep things pretty controlled, we ought to have the same courtesy.

Quote by Steve635z
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles.

/thread

Regular Show

/Thread.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Didn't we have one of these threads yesterday?

My favorites would have to be, Invader Zim, Futurama, Dexters Laboratory, COW AND CHICKEN, the regular show, adventure time, catdog, some spongebob. In no particular order btw. All those weird shows that can be directed at any audience.

The Amazing World of Gumball seems promising.
BLANKBLANK
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by NothingRocks

I've been on a Futurama binge all week. Also, I wish King of the Hill wasn't cancelled. At least it died with grace and didn't just spiral down into a terrible show.

The old ones with Cotton in them are hilarious!
Peggy: Me and Luanne hate him (Cotton), you and Bobby like him, it's a tie!
Hank: Well, Jesus loves him, so he's staying.
you're a stone fox
Quote by Saint78
Futurama, anyone?

For that answer sir, please shut up and take my money.

Which reminds me.

Even if it's gone down in quality, you can't deny the older episodes were great, and that it's had a huge impact on TV.

Quote by necrosis1193
For that answer sir, please shut up and take my money.

Which reminds me.

Even if it's gone down in quality, you can't deny the older episodes were great, and that it's had a huge impact on TV.

The Ramones were on it, so that's a plus.
you're a stone fox
Quote by necrosis1193

So much of an impact that Seth McFarlane decided to rip off the formula 3 times.

The Simpsons is the best example of a cartoon series that just went down the drain.

On topic:

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Quote by ethan_hanus
Holy crap, I haven't seen those two cartoons in forever....dang, I feel old.

For the love of god! what was the second one called again?
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by dragonbanger
home movies!same creator as metalocalypse

Except metalocalypse sucks dick
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Quote by CrunchyRoll
Except metalocalypse sucks dick

im going to pretend that i didnt read that...
Last edited by dragonbanger at Jul 20, 2011,
Quote by dragonbanger
For the love of god! what was the second one called again?

aaah! real monsters!

Hey Arnold and Doug are the best 90s Nick cartoons, with the former being probably the best cartoon ever.

Batman the Animated Series and Batman Beyond are both kickass. King of the Hill is brilliant too.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
i should mentioned that i figured i should at least watch that damn pony show, so i watched the first episode, and let me tell you, it was just awful. there was not a single good moment. it was quite cringe-worthy at times, and nothing was really even moderately funny.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 2