and it is incredible. its got to be the smoothest feel i've ever had the pleasure of playing on. speed just seemed natural and everything came out smoother. plus, i LOVE the blackouts. i was playing through a Bugera 333XL half stack. my actual question...what guitar is closest to the Gus G sig? the EC 1000? because i also played a V 401 and it wasnt nearly as smooth. if someone could tell me if which guitar it's based on i'd really appreciate it. i love the guitar, but im kinda off put by it being a signature honestly. so...Ec 1000 or could i get something less expensive?
Man if you love the guitar then get it, who gives a **** if it's a signature (note that I am very biased cause I tend to love signature guitars). On a side note, interesting that it had blackouts, I always thought Gus used a classic SD distortion/jazz kind of combo, not actives. Still cool though.

As for your actual question, I have no idea. I stand by my first statement.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
was it the pointy one or the lp version?
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
hahaha sorry. im kinda high atm so i guess im trying to rationalize it (i was sober when i played the guitar though). I guess it isnt as bad as the SynesterGates custom with his name on it or anything but still. plus, no tone knob if i remember correctly. and yes, he does a lot of advertising for Blackouts since he joined playing with Ozzy

EDIT: my bad, it was the LP version
Last edited by shecter guy at Jul 17, 2011,
ok, sorry to tell you this but the lp version has 25.5 scale, all other ec models have 24.75 so if you really like that guitar you should just buy it. other ecs aren't going to have the same feel with the neck
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Honestly I'd just go for the Gus G sig if you like it that much. xD I love the look of the Gus G NT, or whatever the Star-shaped model's called. The Schecter S-1 Blackjack's another single-cut with Blackouts, but I've yet to play an LTD or an S-1(I hate being a lefty...), so I can't tell you if the feel is similar. Otherwise you could swap the pups in the EC-1000, but I'd go with the Gus G for sure.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
oooh didnt know that about the neck scale :/ oh well. It's has a pretty epic paint job on it and no one here knows who he is anyways haha. the guitar has been sitting in the shop for about 6 months now so i might wait a bit and try to get the price reduced. thanks for the info though. I love Schecters, but there is just something about the U shaped neck that i like
schecter and esp are owned by the same company, they may even be made in the same factory. have you ever noticed how similar and esp h looks to a schecter c? i have guitars from both and love them all.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Yeah, i knew that, but i just really love the U shaped necks more than some of the Schecters i've played. but my Damien 6 seems almost like it has a similar profile. idk
Most LTD's have the same neck profile. It's weird that you didn't like the V if you liked the Gus G. But that could be due to the body shape making it feel different.

The closest alternative in overall feel would probably the LTD JK-1 sig, if you could find one. As for standard models, an H or an MH would feel closest, but if you loved that guitar, I'd say just go for it. It's pretty unique, and it has a sick finish.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
well the V felt different to me because it had low action towards the nut, which was great, but as it got towards the pickups the action kept getting higher. i know, bad setup, but the guitar in general just didnt catch my attention as much. so...i might be investing in the Gus G sig haha. Should satisfy my want of an LP too haha
Quote by shecter guy
well the V felt different to me because it had low action towards the nut, which was great, but as it got towards the pickups the action kept getting higher. i know, bad setup, but the guitar in general just didnt catch my attention as much. so...i might be investing in the Gus G sig haha. Should satisfy my want of an LP too haha

In that case I'd recommend finding an LTD with a decent set-up and seeing how that one plays. It may be similar enough to the Gus G signature model for you to like it.
The Schecter Hellraiser Solo-6 is a LP shape with a 25.5" scale length. The Ibanez ARZ800 has a 25" scale length. Those might be worth checking out too.
I was mainly asking about the EC series because it has a somewhat similar tone to a LP. There's a certain thickness to it and just something particular about the clean tones that superstrats can't really do. The Solo 6 Hellraiser might be good, depending on the neck shape...if i dont get the Gus G sig haha
Well the Gus G sig sounds and feels pretty different from a typical LP and Eclipse due to the scale length. That's why I recommended those.
Quote by VVolverin3
Man if you love the guitar then get it, who gives a **** if it's a signature (note that I am very biased cause I tend to love signature guitars). On a side note, interesting that it had blackouts, I always thought Gus used a classic SD distortion/jazz kind of combo, not actives. Still cool though.

As for your actual question, I have no idea. I stand by my first statement.

He says that he uses the Distortion/Jazz when playing with another guitarist in Firewind. As the sole guitarist in Ozzy's band, he uses the Blackouts for a "bigger" sound.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Fair enough.

It may be important to note that most of the information I have about ESP is from the 2007/2008 product catalogs of theirs. Not entirely current.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀