I am considering getting one of the Spider series Heads. I looked in the review section and I got mixed reviews on the amps. It seems the newer Spider IV series in general has been a disapointment. Id like to hear your thoughts on Line 6 Spider Series in general. I play Thrash/ Death metal and im looking for a cheap amp head to start gigging with. Just looken for the most bang for my Buck.
i think the IV series is much better than the IIIs. still i wouldnt advise it for anything besides a practice amp. definitely a halfstack either
Your in the wrong section
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Almost always, you can do better for the price. If you tell us your budget, and where you're located, we can help you find the most bang for your buck.

As for Spiders... A good player can make them sound decent. The other guitarist in my band uses a 30W Spider III when we're jamming, and honestly, it's okay. I've also heard spiders played by new players, and they made me want to rip my eyes out. I'm not personally a fan - I highly recommend the Peavey Vypyr in almost any situation.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Don't get a spider, get a cube. Theyre so much better than the spiders.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
If you want a Line6 head, you should find a Line6 HD147.

Or if you want something infinitely better than both, go for a 6505+ combo or a 5150 half stack on craigslist.
Go to a music store and try it yourself. You be the judge, don't let other people's opinions (not really opinions, since I see a lot of band-wagoning here) influence your choice.

I've heard Line 6's that sound like complete shit, but usually when I do I see a beginner on the other end playing through the amp who has no idea how to adjust their settings. Other times I've heard experienced guitarists make Line 6's sound pretty decent.
Not trying to bandwagon here. but ive had bad experience with Spiders, especially at gig volumes. I played a 75 watt IV and it sounded great at low volumes but at higher levels it cant really hold its own. it loses a lot of bottem end
Don't bother with the solid state spiders. Line 6 have only made two good solid state amps, the Vetta and the 147. But the Spider Valve heads are really, really nice. They've got some other hybrid amps now too, I think they're called the DT or BT heads. Something like that. They're meant to be like a more professional version of the Spider Valve.
look at this, and youll see that new spiders valve amps are pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6CIao9Vxmk

definitely miles ahead of the dreaded 3 series
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Line 6 and Ed Roman in one video?

Yuk.

For death metal TS you cant do much better than something like a 6505+ Combo when on a tight budget.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Line 6 and Ed Roman in one video?

Yuk.

For death metal TS you cant do much better than something like a 6505+ Combo when on a tight budget.

And what exactly is wrong with ed roman guitars? I hope theres a better reason than hate for the cocky maker...
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
He's a **** and PRS guitars are nicer.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb