So I've been searching online for answers and I can't seem to find much of the information I'm looking for. Maybe I'm looking for something that doesn't exist but somehow I doubt it.

I recently found out about Dave Matthews Band's Lillywhite Sessions album that was scrapped and re-recorded (yeah I know...under a rock...yada yada yada...)

Apparently this DMB album is very good (and seeing as most of the tracks ended up re-recorded for Busted Stuff I'm even more interested since it's my favorite DMB album).

But I started thinking about what other bands/artists may have unreleased or scrapped albums that have leaked or become available in one way or another throughout the years. Anyone know of any good ones? I know of quite a few hip hop albums but when it comes to rock albums I'm at a loss.
Deftones did a lot of work on a record called Eros but then when Chi had his accident they shelved it and made Diamond Eyes instead
Nice. Did any of the music from Eros leak?

I know there was a Green Day album called Cigarettes and Valentines that they were recording prior to American Idiot that was supposed to be more like the Insomniac style Green Day. The recordings were all stolen though and they scrapped it and made American Idiot...to my knowledge though nothing from Cigarattes and Valentines has ever leaked/been released.
System Of A Down have a whole demo of the album Steal This Album.

Enter Shikari got their laptop stolen which apparently had a lot of new material on it during the Common Dreads writing sessions.

The Libertines have a shitload of unreleased, demos on a online compilation, but i can't remember what its called, But were talking over 100 tracks and then some.

Reel Big Fish have the Viva La Internet compilation of unreleased material and radio appearances which was uploaded by a fan.

Thats all i can think of atm.
Last edited by SumFX at Jul 18, 2011,
not that I like them much anymore, but didn't Lostprophets have really "heavy" album they made that got scrapped before they released The Betrayed?
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Okay, so Bon Jovi...

They had an album called Sex Sells ready for release in 1999 but it never showed up. The guys had about 30 songs written for it and only a handful of them were used for Crush in 2000.
Quote by fearofthemark
at your avatar

Quote by due 07
Your avatar had me in stitches for a good two minutes.
Quote by Tarsplitter
Okay, so Bon Jovi...

They had an album called Sex Sells ready for release in 1999 but it never showed up. The guys had about 30 songs written for it and only a handful of them were used for Crush in 2000.
Quote by due 07

Prepare for the predictable.
Quote by fearofthemark
at your avatar

Quote by due 07
Quote by amosrock
But I started thinking about what other bands/artists may have unreleased or scrapped albums that have leaked or become available in one way or another throughout the years. Anyone know of any good ones?

The Misfits - 12 Hits From Hell
Morbid Angel - Abominations of Desolation (although this eventually saw an official release, it was for ~5 years an infamous bootleg demo album)
Fugazi originally recorded what would become In on the Kill Taker with Steve Albini, but they ditched those & rerecorded everything back in DC. The Albini recordings are floating around, I haven't bothered with 'em.

Supposedly My Bloody Valentine had started recording an album before they broke up, which, as far as I know, Kevin Shields still says they will finish. But in reality there's probably a better chance of The Smiths reuniting.
not that I like them much anymore, but didn't Lostprophets have really "heavy" album they made that got scrapped before they released The Betrayed?

Quote by due 07
I don't know, I haven't been a seventh grader for a few years.

LMAO
Posting so I don't accidentally delete.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown