Page 1 of 3
I don't. I find myself not even paying attention to the radio or reading the headlines. It just doesn't bother me at all what's going on. The biggest news I've heard this week is that Netflix plans on raising the prices and offering their services separately after September 1st.

Anyone else?
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
i.don't.watch.or.read.the.news.whatsoever.and.i.don't.see.the.reason.to.seen.as.if.something's.interesting.somebody.i.know.will.tell.me.or.it'll.be.plastered.everywhere.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
As depressing as it normally is, I don't like to be totally ignorant to what's happening in the world, but my opinion on it is that people survived for lifetimes without a constant feed of news, and in some ways did so better than we do.

I'll take a look once in a while and read up on what's happening until I can't stand it anymore, then go back into information hibernation

If something actually noteworthy happens, you hear about it from the people around you, though, and you can look into it further from there.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I like world news, it's domestic news that bores the crap outta me.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
I wish the news programs actually had more world news instead of all the stupid celebrity shit that it is filled with
I day-trade, so I read the news fairly neurotically. I usually go through about 3,000 RSS posts a day, and have bnn going on in the background.

There's some pretty ****ed up and interesting stuff going on out there if you can cut through all the bias.
Funky c, Funky do
I'm furious about Netflix. Not because of the raised prices but because of the reason for the raised prices. They're trying to get more commercially successful shows and movies in, so they have to pay higher rates for the rights to them. Meanwhile, how many of us only used Netflix in the first place because of the many many many underground and hard to find movies that were probably cheaper? Horse shit.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by funky_c
I day-trade, so I read the news fairly neurotically. I usually go through about 3,000 RSS posts a day, and have bnn going on in the background.

There's some pretty ****ed up and interesting stuff going on out there if you can cut through all the bias.

What's a day-trader?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
the only time i see news is when its in the pit...
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
You should be ashamed of yourself. World news is extremely important, do you really want to be that guy that can't point out Iran on a map?

I will never be that man, I will use my superior knowledge of Geography to my advantage.
I'mCool

Quote by StewieSwan
Don't you have some tourists to beat up?

Quote by Zoot Allures
Nah he's too busy feeling like a big man hitting women he knows to 'put them in their place'.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I'm furious about Netflix. Not because of the raised prices but because of the reason for the raised prices. They're trying to get more commercially successful shows and movies in, so they have to pay higher rates for the rights to them. Meanwhile, how many of us only used Netflix in the first place because of the many many many underground and hard to find movies that were probably cheaper? Horse shit.
Thank God for internet piracy, eh?
Quote by Xiaoxi
What's a day-trader?

Buying and selling stuff in the same day, usually various stocks, currencies, that kind of stuff.
Quote by Eric_Fail
You should be ashamed of yourself. World news is extremely important, do you really want to be that guy that can't point out Iran on a map?

I will never be that man, I will use my superior knowledge of Geography to my advantage.

ive never had a person ask me to point out iran on a map. and your superior knowledge of geography is gonna take you real far in life.
Quote by turncoat60%
ive never had a person ask me to point out iran on a map. and your superior knowledge of geography is gonna take you real far in life.

A decent knowledge and understanding of current events can make you look a million times better to potential employers. It shows you're an intelligent, well rounded, inquisitive person.
Quote by Eric_Fail

Says the kid that helped his brother punch a 12 year old in the face for cutting in line at a water slide.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by michal23
A decent knowledge and understanding of current events can make you look a million times better to potential employers. It shows you're an intelligent, well rounded, inquisitive person.

current events =/= geography
Quote by turncoat60%
current events =/= geography

Sure, but if you don't know geography very well you will look equally moronic. Ask Sarah Palin.
Quote by laid-to-waste
i.don't.watch.or.read.the.news.whatsoever.and.i.don't.see.the.reason.to.seen.as.if.something's.interesting.somebody.i.know.will.tell.me.or.it'll.be.plastered.everywhere.

Is.your.space.bar.broken.or.something.bro?
Quote by Eric_Fail

Geography Man, HO!!!
Quote by Eric_Fail

Who cares? An idiot takes in all the useless information they can, like you evidently. I only need to know information which is relevant to what I plan, career wise. Knowing where Iran is on a map is just as important to me as the pH level in horse shit.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I don't really care. I know some people will say you should care, and maybe they're right, but it's not like everybody can be an expert on all important things on earth.

A lot of people genuinely care about world current affairs, and there's also a lot of people that watch that shit on CNN because they want to feel intellectual and informed.
Quote by Colgate Total
An idiot takes in all the useless information they can

I cannot believe how absolutely moronic that sentence is. I am in no way joking when I say that I pity you.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Unless it effects my everyday life, I don't really give two shits.
GO RAVENS!

Quote by Ssargentslayer
Waaaait....

Did you just say you can't rape?

2012 NFL Thread Mock Draft Champion
It really depends. I've been known to get hooked into things, like the Casey Anthony shit, but for the most part I don't usually watch the news. Once in a while I'll look through the articles on Yahoo, but that's about it.
Quote by due 07
Thank God for internet piracy, eh?

Internet piracy doesn't give me suggestions for movies I've never heard of before. Netflix is a pretty good way to spend my money. And I'd still say the price increase isn't so bad on the grounds that I love Netflix. I just wish they would continue to focus on streaming hard to find movies. A lot of the movies I like would cost me thirty dollars or so to buy. But a lot of them are currently no longer streamed. To make room for stuff people could get at Redbox. The bastards.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Pay attention to the news. It'll make you smarter.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
^^ Yes.
Quote by Eric_Fail

This 100%.

I watch the news because it gives me something to discuss with friends, share opinions and debate. Keeps things interesting and being informed is quite important to me.
last.fm[/url}
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Internet piracy doesn't give me suggestions for movies I've never heard of before.
That's a good point. I don't watch movies enough to even bother randomly watching movies that something like Netflix recommends me, so I didn't think of that. It there a service similar to Last.fm but for films? You know, besides Netflix?

Quote by Colgate Total
Who cares? An idiot takes in all the useless information they can, like you evidently. I only need to know information which is relevant to what I plan, career wise. Knowing where Iran is on a map is just as important to me as the pH level in horse shit.
You sound like a sad, abject little man.
Last edited by due 07 at Jul 17, 2011,
Quote by HelpTravesty
^^ Yes.

This 100%.

I watch the news because it gives me something to discuss with friends, share opinions and debate. Keeps things interesting and being informed is quite important to me.

or you could talk to your friends about the times you were hammered drunk and ****ed a stripper with no rubber.
Quote by turncoat60%
or you could talk to your friends about the times you were hammered drunk and ****ed a stripper with no rubber.

HEY you weren't there man.
last.fm[/url}
If it's REALLY important I'll read about it here in the Pit...otherwise it's not worth my time
Quote by Eric_Fail

Does that advantage happen to be talking about how good you are at geography to The Pit?

Quote by .Joker.
If it's REALLY important I'll read about it here in the Pit...otherwise it's not worth my time

Like things that Amish people did that week.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Quote by .Joker.

What a fantastic attitude.

"I'll let a group of completely anonymous, horny, socially awkward, immature 16 year-old guitar players inform me of current events over the internet, with threads filled with a series of half-baked puns and overused memes stolen from 4chan giving me all the details I need. "

I'm not entirely sure why Obama doesn't just brows the Pit to stay up to date.
Quote by CrucialGutchman
What a fantastic attitude.

"I'll let a group of completely anonymous, horny, socially awkward, immature 16 year-old guitar players inform me of current events over the internet, with threads filled with a series of half-baked puns and overused memes stolen from 4chan giving me all the details I need. "

I'm not entirely sure why Obama doesn't just brows the Pit to stay up to date.

To be fair, the mainstream media is not 'trustworthy' to me. Neither are the non mainstream sites either though. So, what do you do?
Page 1 of 3