I am considering getting either Spider series Heads or a Marshall VS100 amp with matching cab. I looked in the review section and I got mixed reviews on the Spider series. It seems the newer Spider IV series in general has been a disapointment. Id like to hear your thoughts on Line 6 Spider Series in general. The reviews for the marshall have been very vague on their actual sound. I play Thrash/ Death metal and im looking for a cheap amp head to start gigging with. Just looken for the most bang for my Buck.
I don't like how the spiders sound, and neither do alot of people on UG. Will you consider other amp options?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
yea Im trying to get a amp cheap, like under 600 bucks and I dont mind buying used. Whats your thoughts on the Valvestate
Do you have any stomp boxes?
Heres what I got

Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Deltalabs DGFX1
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q

Everyone tells me to use the MT-2 but I honestly feel like my Deltalabs Multi-FX pedal is just in general better. I can get a much crisper sound out of it and the MT-2 sounds slugish and mushy
Look at the dual rec roadster head. It's great for metal.
you just have to work awhile with the mt-2. i cant imagine a 99$ multi effects sounding better. yeah, the mt-2 isnt great, but it gets you by
Quote by kutless999
Look at the dual rec roadster head. It's great for metal.

Err... for $600!??!

T.S. For $600, don't even bother looking at that junk. Since you play metal, get a used Peavey 5150 combo or a new 6505+ combo. Both will utterly destroy those amps for the same price, or less.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah as said above, get a peavey 6505+ combo, $600 bucks. Spider's are junk, if you wanna be a bed room hero buy that. And the marshall valvestate's suck too. A peavey vypyr 120 2x12 combo for $600 will also work.
There is a music store going out of buissness where I live and I can get a 120 wat Peavey Triple x for 350$. Should I go for it?
That's a pretty good deal... however, you'll need a cab for that.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Jump on that shit bro. Get a cheap cab to go with it. Look for something with Celestion Vintage 30s in it.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Even better, you save money on the cab! Get that, that sounds like a great deal!
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Yeah, don't listen to my amp advice(unless it's an amp under $300) Listen to matrix claw.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by Abadinator
sorry for not being more specific its a combo

Go for it.

I always thought the XXX combo was 40w and the head was 120 or so, didn't know they made a 120w combo as well.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by MatrixClaw
Err... for $600!??!

lmao I wish I could get one this cheap

T.S. For $600, don't even bother looking at that junk. Since you play metal, get a used Peavey 5150 combo or a new 6505+ combo. Both will utterly destroy those amps for the same price, or less.

Agreed +1
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Quote by MatrixClaw
Err... for $600!??!

listen to this man, when i started out here he basically schooled my ass in high gain amps. he knows his shizzle, anyone who disagrees is a general idiot
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.