Hey guys
So i noticed that sometimes when I'm playing certain notes as close as a whole step away will sound much louder and boomier than the other. For examplle, say i play the eight fret on my low string than the fifth, the fifth will sound much more powerful than the eighth. This is mostly when i have bassy settings, but I was just wondering if that's something normal, or if there may be some sort of problem with my bass and/or amp.
Thanks
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
Quote by ethan_hanus
Shorter stings means less low end, naturally.

right but this has also happened on the a string where the 9th fret was boomier than the 7th.
Rock on or die

Guitarist 5 years, Had purpose in life 5 years

Quote by angusfan16
My name is NOT Anus Fan!
i think its because of the room you're playing in. some notes just resonate more in your room than others.
Quote by Ih5g
i think its because of the room you're playing in. some notes just resonate more in your room than others.

You got it. The note resonates creating an easier vibration due to the dimensions of the room.
resonant frequencies are where it's at!
When I got an 8x10,I discovered that a C on the A string doesn't go down very well with my windows
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
So when you play Bass in a huge hall, no note would boom more than the others?!
Quote by Ian hawkins
resonant frequencies are where it's at!
When I got an 8x10,I discovered that a C on the A string doesn't go down very well with my windows

For me F# will rattle my windows and C will rattle my drummer's snare, lol.
depends on your bass really. My Warwick gets really thick when I dig at the low G, but if I go up 12 frets it's really boomy on the Fender P.

strings will also affect it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
May help to get a smaller big string.

I have played some pretty bad halls.

You learn that if it farts, do it different.

I just play a boomy note easier.

When you are playing in front of folks
there's no excuses. They sound bad
no matter how you EQ it.

If you can do it better than the next
guy, then you deserve an at-a-boy,

Tabdog