Hello

I recently saved up some money and currently have about 500 dollars so I wanted to know what is a good quality guitar in this price range or should I save up for a better guitar. I mainly like to play metal and rock but I play some occasional blues and jazz.
I would like it to get good cleans. I had a friend who told me to check out the Ibanez RG series but I dont know they look kinda like toys to me. My current amp is a vypyr.

Thanks
Breakin` the Law!
You have a few options, most of which, under the circumstances, I would not pick but that's just me. You could get a metal machine, like a Schecter with active pickups. You could go for something more conservative, like an Ibanez ART 100, which doesn't look like a toy. You could invest in a real tube amp, not to sound snobby or anything. As a matter of fact, I love the Vypyrs, especially for the 6505 amp model feature. But they aren't the best amps around. I would get a tube amp, but if you really need a new guitar, get something WITHOUT ACTIVE PICKUPS! They aren't really made for solid state amps like a Vypyr, but actives are amazing with tube amps. That's all I have to say...
Quote by rasta_mon
I had a friend who told me to check out the Ibanez RG series but I dont know they look kinda like toys to me.

What... The... Hell...

I'm confused beyond belief. What makes you say this?
Where's Waldo?
Quote by Pac_man0123
$380 + tax from Guitar Center.

So... what was that about toys?

haha thats just me do. How does the sound cut it for you I`m gonna give em a try
Breakin` the Law!
I'd say save up about another 600-700 and buy a fender strat, it has been my main guitar ever since I got it, it's just amazing. I play all those styles and more, and I've gotten all kinds of great tones out of it.
beside a strat? what other choice do I have I have a strat body guitar and it no way compares to a fender strat in sound but I tired of the design for now later on I ll get one as I love their versatility
Breakin` the Law!
Quote by xevious1
satriani plays ibanez im pretty sure they are not toys.

Thank you, Captain Obvious. Too bad he doesn't play RG's...
Where's Waldo?
Quote by rasta_mon
haha thats just me do. How does the sound cut it for you I`m gonna give em a try

I think it sounds awesome. The stock pickups were pretty good, but I found a Dimarzio LiquiFire/Crunch Lab set for $80 so I jumped on that and replaced them. The one thing I didn't really like was the neck pickup. I love fluid-sounding neck pickups (so the LiquiFire is perfect), and the V7 was a bit too harsh sounding in my opinion.

That's just me, though. It certainly wasn't bad, just not what I prefer.
I think it sounds awesome. The stock pickups were pretty good, but I found a Dimarzio LiquiFire/Crunch Lab set for $80 so I jumped on that and replaced them. The one thing I didn't really like was the neck pickup. I love fluid-sounding neck pickups (so the LiquiFire is perfect), and the V7 was a bit too harsh sounding in my opinion.

That's just me, though. It certainly wasn't bad, just not what I prefer.[/QUOT

thanks I`ll check em out
Breakin` the Law!