Although I'm loving how vocals are coming out through this unit, my acoustic sounds awful; tinny, cheap...it sounded better when I recorded ambient sound through my pc mic.

How do I run an unaltered signal through so I can add fx later and preserve the intonation?

Thanks so much,
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
Quote by Drummerrrrr?
Are you running the guitar through a line in or a mic?

I'm running the guitar through the instrument line.
Did you know: animal agriculture contributes more to global warming than all modes of transportation combined? Go Veg - it is the right thing to do for the planet, for your health, and for the animals.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
Quote by Ih5g
try miking it. It'll probably sound alot better.

Possibly, and I *will* try that; however I would still need to run the signal in clean and byset the presets on Gearbox. The presets are mostly made for electric sounds - but I was almost sure there was a way of running the signal clean.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Gearbox software? In which case of course you don't need to use it - just set your UX2 as the input device for your DAW and you'll get a clean signal
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Gearbox software? In which case of course you don't need to use it - just set your UX2 as the input device for your DAW and you'll get a clean signal

This.

And it's going to sound tinny and weak no matter what if you're only using the DI. If you mix a mic or two in with that signal, THAT's when it starts sounding like an actual acoustic.
Yes, it is software; I didn't realize I can record independant of that.

I will try that, thanks!

I will also give micing direct a try, too.

Thanks again~
L

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
It sounds crap because you've got a pickup in your guitar. If you mic it it'll sound great. You can also change the presets in Gearbox to suit acoustic .etc
Well, I quickly tried to bypass Gearbox, and even though Reaper is set up to see the Toneport, it is not without Gearbox up & running.

So basically, if I understand the consensus here, I should just mic the guitar, and then run the line through the Toneport~ That's fine,

But

I *still* have to bypass the Gearbox software and get Reaper to see the signal.

:::headdesk:::

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes
Not sure about gearbox but in podfarm you can set the output sends (1-2 or 3-4) as processed or unprocessed. Setting it to unprocessed and just leaving it running in the background is as close to bypassing it as you'll get.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
In the top right of Gearbox there should be two buttons, one turns on the tuner, the other should run an entirely dry signal and bypass all processing.
When you open Gearbox turn of all of the effects and select no amp from the amp menu. This will give you a straight dry signal as well as a level control. Hope this helps.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
Quote by KillRoy Ver 3.0
When you open Gearbox turn of all of the effects and select no amp from the amp menu. This will give you a straight dry signal as well as a level control. Hope this helps.

Okay - thanks - that solved one problem, now I have more - starting a new thread for that.

Thanks, again.

lmcd Soundcloud Tunes