I'm recording my first demo on a very small, and I mean very small, budget. I don't have a bass and can't afford an octaver pedal (or a session musician for that matter) and it's similar for the drums, I have a 4 piece set with 2 cymbals, which won't be able to cover all of the drum parts. So, does anyone know of any good bass or drum machine programs? Thanks in advance!
you're a stone fox
Addictive Drums is the best there is, but I think it's pretty expensive. Check the internet, I'm not sure.
Hope this helps.
Monkey Machine is amazing. It's Java based and free. The only problem is you can't export the drumbeat itself from the program--you have to record it from your speaker output.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Quote by critical_moment
Addictive Drums is the best there is, but I think it's pretty expensive. Check the internet, I'm not sure.
Hope this helps.

+1 on Addictive. The closest thing to a live drummer I've seen in software form. In addition to the basic kit XLN offers a line of expansion libraries (called adpaks) for retro (60s-70s) drums, 80s drum machines, heavy metal drums, and modern jazz drums (available in two packs, one for stick work and one for brushes). The website has a nice free sub-bass kick too.
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1
  • PlusEBow
I use DrumTrack, it's been a pretty reliable and easy to use drum machine for me, just upload some good sounds in it, it holds it's own. Best yet, it's free.

As for bass, just play your guitar as a bass guitar, and pitch shift it down a octave using a pitch shifter in your DAW, I used to do it all the time, works great.
Quote by ethan_hanus
I use DrumTrack, it's been a pretty reliable and easy to use drum machine for me, just upload some good sounds in it, it holds it's own. Best yet, it's free.

As for bass, just play your guitar as a bass guitar, and pitch shift it down a octave using a pitch shifter in your DAW, I used to do it all the time, works great.

Well, this is embarrassing.
you're a stone fox