So, as I'm sure many of you can relate to, alot of my friends are really into the "popmosh" or "easycore" bands in the vein of A Day To Remember, Chunk! No, Captain Chunk!, and others that I just don't really like that much. I'm into alot of alternative rock, indie, and punk, so can anybody suggest a band that bridges the gap between these two camps? I'd like to find a band on this front that my friends and I can agree on equally. Thanks in advance.
Quote by BK202
Hm. For some reason I have a feeling you're not a punk, considering you express a desire to listen to Pop-Rock with Beatdowns.

Try Four Year Strong. Only band of this genre I'll listen to.

And easycore is a fucking stupid name, never use that again.

I'm not into it but I'm trying to find something in common with it. And although I agree that it's a stupid name, what else would you call it? It isn't pop-rock and it's not pop-punk, and I refuse to call it post-hardcore.
Fair enough. To address the actual question, is 4ys the only band in that style that can consistently put out listenable music?
Quote by turncoat60%
you dont know what hes all about

Like killing cops and reading Kerouac.
Quote by PUNKinheadedboy
I'm not into it but I'm trying to find something in common with it. And although I agree that it's a stupid name, what else would you call it? It isn't pop-rock and it's not pop-punk, and I refuse to call it post-hardcore.

It's pop-rock. Easycore is stupid and saying it makes you look uneducated.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Jul 18, 2011,
You really shouldn't care if your friends like that genre or not, listen to what you want, you have no reason to 'bridge gaps' with your friends about music.

Edit:
Where on earth did the name 'Easycore' come from?
Is there even any logic behind it?

Also, don't call yourself a 'punk'. Punk music is awesome but stereotyping yourself is just dumb, especially nowadays when it can be interpreted in so many ways.
Last edited by SumFX at Jul 18, 2011,
Bands that go as close to that bullshit as possible whilst still being listenable (in my opinion of course):

The Wonder Years (newer stuff is better)
Four Year Strong (check out the album "Rise or Die Trying")
New Found Glory ("Not Without a Fight" is the most relevant here)
Daggermouth (the album "Stallone" is great)
Wolves at Heart (friends of mine, severely underrated: Listen)

But really, I think you should just listen to whatever you want and not try to force yourself to like something you don't (especially when it's something as awful as Chunk No Captain Chunk etc).
My name is Danny. Call me that.