if i wanted to use a cheap audio interface as well as my soundcard/mixer for recording into mixcraft or reaper at the same time.
i want to do
guitar--->toneport or something--->software
drums,vox,misc--->mixer--->soundcard--->software
if i arm 2 tracks two record can i set one for my guitar and one for whatever else is playing? i wont have to run anything other than my guitar through the toneport?
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right
Last edited by crice6505 at Jul 19, 2011,
I don't think so. Most software can't seem to handle to separate audio inputs simultaneously, but it can't hurt to try. You may get lucky.
Satan. Grant this man the gift of revenge against his foes at the Food Network.
I applaud anyone who could translate that into English.
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

So you want to run your mixer into the mic input of your computer while only the guitar is going through the Toneport? Is that what you're asking?

Is it Possible? I don't think so. I could be wrong, but I believe when you select the Toneport as your input, only that input will be working. I don't think you can have both the Toneport and computer mic input on at the same time. Again, I could be wrong as I'm unfamiliar with how Windows handles these things.
darn ok, looks like im gonna have to go out and get an actually nice slightly expensive interface
- Cody

Quote by Ninja Vampirate
What a faggot, do a few lines of cocaine and have a shot of whiskey or 5 if you want to study right