I've read that rewiring a guitar with good wires will yield better tone, Is this true?
I have some 22 gauge copper wire I bought from radioshack, think this is an upgrade?
They use some grey wire, im not sure what kind though.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Rewiring a strat, is like a 15-20 min process. It's not bad at all. However, i dont think it would make next to any difference. there are many other things with FAR more impact on your sound than wires. My vote is no.

EDIT: If you literally have nothing else to do, you can. It for sure wont hurt anything, but i dont see a noticable increase in sound quality. If you have some stuff to shield the cavity with while your at it, that can cut out some noticeable static associated with those singles
Last edited by Charley2715 at Jul 18, 2011,
Yeah I took my strings off to try foil shielding but that didnt work, and since I have nothing to do.. :P
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
absolutely no difference.

I rewired my lp for fun the other day.

I think the sound gets lost less easily now

Prs se Holcomb is the answer