I have an Epiphone Special SG with really bad stock pickups, when I first bought this guitar I knew nothing about guitars or tone or anything really. I was thinking of changing my bridge pickup with some Dimarzio X2n's. On the package, it says F-Spaced and I really don't understand the concept of 'F-Spaced' pickups. Would they fit my SG? Would I need to modify the body? I'm still fairly new to a lot of this so cut me some slack and someone help me out please. (:
F Spaced is used for guitars that have tremolo bridges. The DiMarzio X2N's have bar magnets, so spacing is irrelevant on them.

What spacing actually means is how far apart the magnetic pole pieces in a pickup are from each other. It doesn't have anything to do with the actual size of the pickup. That is prety much standardized across all pickups. Yes it will fit.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I can also add that the only difference is cosmetics. F-spaced line the pole pieces up with the strings better on trem equipped guitars, however there is not really an affect on tone
RIP Gooze

cats
^ True. Though just for the sake of it, might as well get what you're supposed to. Just in case.

I hate to turn this into one of those threads, but in the interest of helping out a fellow guitarist who lacks knowledge that I have, a pickup swap, in particular swapping to X2N's may not be the best investment, depending on what you're trying to do, and what the rest of your gear is.

Why do you want to swap pickups, and why do you want these in particular? And what is the rest of your gear?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
a new amp

Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I have an epiphone SG special and its sounds fine with stock pickups so i think maybe a new amp but still, i would change the pick ups in it tho to probs something bit better and suited to myself like seymour duncan invaders.

Gear:
Vintage VRS100
Marshall avt50h
Marshall haze cab
Vox ac15vr
Joyo Hot plexi pedal
Behringer SP400 phase shifter
Guitar tech analog delay
Vox Pathfinder 10