Well I finally wired my Ibanez back up today. I've done more than a few resolder jobs to my guitars, but this was the first one that went absolutely flawlessly. I got the diagram, wired it up, and it worked perfectly, didn't have to go back in to redo anything. So I'm proud about that

Anyway. I'm almost out of wire now, so I need to get some more. The thing is, is that I absolutely hate the wire I've been using. I have no idea what kind it is, it's just some stuff I got off ebay when I was getting other parts (pots/jacks etc.). But it's really slippery, and it's really hard to strip. My fingers are fairly oily, and whenever I'm trying to work with it, it just slips through my fingers. I can't get a grip on it, and I always have to hold it with pliers. Obviously, this is a huge pain in the ass.

So what do you guys use? Is there any stuff that's cheap that is easy to work with? Thanks. Sorry for the overly long post~
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
im using some 22 gauge(i think its been a while since i bought it) standed wire i bought at some electronics store likea year ago the stores closed now...
never had prbalems with it

its was like 8 dollars a spool for it i forot to mention
and it was alot still not halfway through it i miss that dude he was cool
Last edited by supersac at Jul 18, 2011,