hey guys piano question here

so im trying to learn TThe Legend of Zelda tunes cause i really like the music and is seems simple enough for someone learning to play and found this website
http://www.gamemusicthemes.com/gameboysheetmusic.html

so ive been doing fine in learning the songs but when i came across the one Prelude of Light

http://www.gamemusicthemes.com/pdf/N64/The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Ocarina_of_Time_-_Prelude_of_Light.pdf

how am i supposed to play the top notes( B and A) while playing the melody and chords at the same time? been trying to a while now and i cant figure it out
any assistance would be appreciated
thanks
Well, play the chords in left hand |(bass cleff) and the treble cleff with your right hand.

Use the ring finger and pinky on the right hand for the 16th notes, and use the thumb, index and middle finger on you're right hand to play the rest of the melody.

It's not the easiest of stretches, but an octave stretch is something most intermediate piano players can do.

The big stretch (octave + 1 semitone) is the 2nd note which is an A note on the treble cleff relative to the A - B note sixteenth pattern, but I can make the stretch and i'm not a superb piano player, and I have small hands.

You can also choose to use the sustain pedal and play the sixteenth pattern with ur right hand, but the melody on the treble cleff with ur left, after you've struck the chords on the bass cleff.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by carnagereap666
For some reason, I can't access that link, but to answer your question: Hybrid picking. You pick with your fingers and pick at the same time. Buckethead uses it extensively, and some other people. Look it up and master it.

sorry but i dont think i can hybrid pick the piano keys
thanks for trying though
Last edited by supersac at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Well, play the chords in left hand |(bass cleff) and the treble cleff with your right hand.

Use the ring finger and pinky on the right hand for the 16th notes, and use the thumb, index and middle finger on you're right hand to play the rest of the melody.

It's not the easiest of stretches, but an octave stretch is something most intermediate piano players can do.

The big stretch (octave + 1 semitone) is the 2nd note which is an A note on the treble cleff relative to the A - B note sixteenth pattern, but I can make the stretch and i'm not a superb piano player, and I have small hands.

You can also choose to use the sustain pedal and play the sixteenth pattern with ur right hand, but the melody on the treble cleff with ur left, after you've struck the chords on the bass cleff.

thanks i guess i gotta work on my stretching and or accuracy if im going to do the sustain method
Quote by supersac
thanks i guess i gotta work on my stretching and or accuracy if im going to do the sustain method

Ye; I strongly suggest to go with my first method though, without a sustain pedal, cause that's how it's supposed to be played + you will find more pieces of music that contain those stretches, so it's good for your overall piano playing as well.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by carnagereap666
For some reason, I can't access that link, but to answer your question: Hybrid picking. You pick with your fingers and pick at the same time. Buckethead uses it extensively, and some other people. Look it up and master it.

Lol. Read the OP, man. It says in the first sentence
Quote by supersac
hey guys piano question here
Actually you can hybrid pick a piano, but you have to open it up to access the strings first.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
Actually you can hybrid pick a piano, but you have to open it up to access the strings first.

+20
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Ye; I strongly suggest to go with my first method though, without a sustain pedal, cause that's how it's supposed to be played + you will find more pieces of music that contain those stretches, so it's good for your overall piano playing as well.

thanks for the advice and i tried it with the stretching i need wy mor epractice hahha