Considering buying one of these + a 2x12, seeing as my 50 watt practice amp simply CANNOT cope now my band has started gigging. In the last 6 gigs we've played, I've used it once, and it was DI'd. We'll be playing your average nightclubs/street/mini festival gigs.

My budget is £1005.38.

I currently play in one of those -core bands with a Sterling Ray 34 in Drop B. The tone of the Orange appeals to me, as well as the portability and versitility.

When I'm at home I play lots of other stuff. -core is mainly only fun in a band for me.

I like messing with effects and tapping, all that ambient stuff, hence the ever-appealing effects loop.

I'm willing to go used, any suggestions are open. I'd prefer to stay away from Ashdown, as every bassist and their dog around here has one, and I want some originality.

TL;DR.
Need more powerful & better amp.
£1005.38.
I like Orange.
I don't like Ashdown.
Used is cool.
I like to play lots of things.
Open to recommendations
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
That is fantastic, would the 2x12 be sufficient to go with it?
It'll put out around 300W through that cab, as it's an 8ohm cabinet (if you're talking about the Orange Isobaric cab).

I'd say for the time being you'd be fine with that set up. Plenty loud enough. Of course, you can later add a 1x15 orange cab to get the full 500W from the head.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Balls, I meant to say 2x10. Seeing as i'm tight with money. Again, would that suffice? And will it have enough punch?

And I forgot about the ohms halving the wattage, but i've borrowed 300w amps before that have been fantastic for volume + power. So no sweat.
It's got the same stats as the 2x12, but it's just got the smaller speakers. It would be fine!
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!

Any more recommendations before I put £900 odd down on an amp that's going to last me a long long while?
I was going to suggest maybe looking for a used Ampeg SVT-7, those are pretty nice heads, but with the Terror at that price it's a steal...

I'm saving up for a Terror myself, so I'd probably go for it, it's a lovely amp.
I would go for the orange, they are damn good amps and cabs, Just check the reviews for them if you have any doubts.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
someone is selling a bass terror on basschat for £350 used if that helps

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
I highly recommend the Bass Terror/isobaric 2x10 setup. A good friend of mine uses it and sounds fantastic!
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
It's where two speakers work as one. You either wire them in phase and cone to magnet, or out of phase and magnet to magnet or cone to cone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isobaric_speakers
In the bass chat:

And now on BANDCAMP!