Hi

I am going to buy a new amp (hughes and kettner tubemeister 18) and I want to buy an inexpensive cabinet (no more than 120 euro). So I was looking at the Harley Benton G112 anf G112V cab and I was wondering if they come with celestion vintage 30s cause the HB G212V come with celestion vintage 30s. If not what should I get? I also saw the vox 1x10 that comes with celestion Greenbacks and a blackheart within my price range. I mostly play rock/instrumental rock(JS,Andy Timmos, Steve Vai) , metal(iron maiden,metallica,iced earth) etc. I use an Ibanez RG2550 Prestige and an Ibanez SAS26.

G112V http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g112v.htm
Blackheart http://www.thomann.de/gb/blackheart_bh112.htm
Vox 1x10 http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_v110nt.htm

Regards

George
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150
Gibson Les Paul Signature T VS

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Boss DD-3, NS-1, CS3, CH1, TU-3
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
is buying used an option?

there are some great deals to be had used, could you score a closed back orange 112 for about the same?

not sure about actual pricing on your side of the pond, just thought i'd toss that out there bump.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Wel that cab costs £60 and has an 80 watt speaker.

Deffinately not a v30.

Speakers make a big difference, a crap one and you wont be getting anything near the best out of your amp, cant you just save some cash and try get a used orange ppc112, or framus/harley benton 212 with the v30s?
Well I can save some money and get the G212 but I dont need a 212 cab 112 should be fine for me. However you cant find a v30 on any other cab on that price range. Hughes and Kettner tubemeister cab uses a v30 and its 100 euro more than the G212. Orange and Jet City is also around 200 and I can get two v30s at the same price. An alternative cheap solution would be to use my old Peavey bandit 112 which doesnt work anymore as a Cab which has a good plywood contruction (made in USA) and replace the Sheffield speaker with a Celestion V30 that i can buy from thomann for 95 euros. What do you think? By the way thanks to everyone for your help.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Don't buy shitty cabs, they come with crappy speakers and sound bad. The HB models are supposedly okay for the price, but that's not saying much. The 1x12" HB cabs do not come with V30s.

If you're fine with using your old combo as a cab, sure, it's a good solution. You'll eventually want to get a "real" cab, but until that point, use the combo if you don't mind.

What kind of tone do you want? A V30 is a pretty versatile speaker, but not everyone's first choice. (In fact, I sold mine because I found them annoyingly bright in my 2x12"... I have a feeling a 1x12" configuration will only make it worse. If the combo is open-backed, it'd probably make it sound a bit rounder, but I wouldn't want a single V30 in a closed cab.)
If the bandit has an extension jack, and I suspect it won't as it's solid state, then you can use it. Otherwise, no.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Quote by dtmaiden
If the bandit has an extension jack, and I suspect it won't as it's solid state, then you can use it. Otherwise, no.

He's not going to use the bandit, just the wooden box it is housed in.
if thomann ever gets the traynor darkhorse 112 back into stock (RAEG!) that might be worth considering. it's a bit more money but already has a decent stock speaker, and is presumably built fairly well.

EDIT: oh i just saw the stuff you play. yeah a v30 would likely be better for that, scratch the traynor suggestion.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well I can just make a cable, by using 2 spade connectors and a 6.3mm jack. My combo is open back btw. I like Joe Satriani tones Andy Timmons Clean tones and Dave Murrays Distrotion tones.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Quote by TheQuailman
He's not going to use the bandit, just the wooden box it is housed in.

My bad, misread it.
Actually, that's not a bad idea, as I'm building my own cab from scratch. You can get a vintage 30 for about £70, so that'd work out cheaper than buying a crappier new one, and probably be better quality too.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Quote by Giorgosm10
Well I can save some money and get the G212 but I dont need a 212 cab 112 should be fine for me. However you cant find a v30 on any other cab on that price range. Hughes and Kettner tubemeister cab uses a v30 and its 100 euro more than the G212. Orange and Jet City is also around 200 and I can get two v30s at the same price. An alternative cheap solution would be to use my old Peavey bandit 112 which doesnt work anymore as a Cab which has a good plywood contruction (made in USA) and replace the Sheffield speaker with a Celestion V30 that i can buy from thomann for 95 euros. What do you think? By the way thanks to everyone for your help.

Id do that, then consider getting another cab later.

Dont limit yourself to celestions either, check out eminence, weber, jensen, they all seem to offer the same quality as celestion for cheaper.
Quote by beckyjc
Wel that cab costs £60 and has an 80 watt speaker.

Deffinately not a v30.

Speakers make a big difference, a crap one and you wont be getting anything near the best out of your amp, cant you just save some cash and try get a used orange ppc112, or framus/harley benton 212 with the v30s?

No, they (Jet City) have an Eminence and the cab is supposedly better made and sounds better than the Orange PPC 112 from what I've read in reviews. You can always put a V30 in it later if you have to.
That being said, a used Orange PPC 212 closed back is far better if it falls anywhere close to the price range.
Well for now because I am low on cash i might even use the speaker that comes with the Peavey Bandit, its a Sheffield 1230 8ohm speaker. Is very old but It sounds fine for now, but soon i will get a v30 or even a "real Cab". Jet City looks nice but also Marshall has a haze cab at the same price range that looks good. But I will probably stick with the V30's because I find them the best sounding for what i play.
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
I was curious a few years ago and bought a 12" speaker box they use for car subwoofers, and stuck a texas heat in there to use as a cab. Pretty good results, and cost me less than $100 altogether. That was just until I started making my own cabinets.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Quote by Reincaster
I was curious a few years ago and bought a 12" speaker box they use for car subwoofers, and stuck a texas heat in there to use as a cab. Pretty good results, and cost me less than $100 altogether. That was just until I started making my own cabinets.

Its always better to try and make your own stuff, you save money and get usefull experience for future mods or issues that you might need to fix(better than just pay someone that you dont know and you dont trust).
GUITARS:
Ibanez SAS36FM
Ibanez Prestige RG2550Z
Guild D-150

AMPS:
Peavey Mini Colosal
H&K Tubemeister 18

PEDALS:
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Vox Satchurator
Digitech RV-7
Quote by baumaxx1
No, they (Jet City) have an Eminence and the cab is supposedly better made and sounds better than the Orange PPC 112 from what I've read in reviews. You can always put a V30 in it later if you have to.
That being said, a used Orange PPC 212 closed back is far better if it falls anywhere close to the price range.

yea well -1 to that.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.