I just noticed that the angle of my floyd rose is not right. I tuned it into Drop C an hour ago. Now I just loosened the locking nuts and turned the tuning keys so the strings loosened up a bit. Now the angle is perfect. Is there a way to keep the angle the way it is and tighten the strings back up and achieve the tuning I desire. Please Help. I need to have this figured out a.s.a.p.
what was your previous tuning? :S
anyways, so have to adjust the springs in the back of the guitar. Screw the plastic plate of, and thighten or loosen the screws attached to the springs. If you tighten them, you'll the bridge angle more in to the body, if you loosen them, you'll angle it out of the body
It was drop C but it wasn't perfect it was a bit out of tune. Just a question to make sure. When I am tuning. Are the locking nuts loosened as much as possible, or tightened?
Quote by ishredwithnubs
It was drop C but it wasn't perfect it was a bit out of tune. Just a question to make sure. When I am tuning. Are the locking nuts loosened as much as possible, or tightened?

You'll want the locking nut loosened. You won't be able to turn the keys very easily (tightening atleast) with the nut locked. Have your fine tuners set to the half-way point of their movement range.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
I just got it tuned perfect to Drop C, but the tremolo is coming out of the body. So I am guessing now I have to take the back panel off and tighten the screws to lower it? Will this mess the tuning up. Meaning I have to go through tuning it all over again.
it goes kinda like this: adjust springs--> tune--> adjust springs--> tune etc... and you keep doing that untill the bridge is in the right angle.
that sounds like a 2 hour process....fml.. edit- does opening the back to adjust the springs void the warranty? It may be a stupid question, but I would just like to know.
Last edited by ishredwithnubs at Jul 18, 2011,
it does take a while, yeah, but its worth it:P
u could have it done professionally, it'll cost some money, but wont take you much time, and it will be done good, without much risks:P

and as far as i know, it doesnt void you warranty
Well. Taking it to be professionally done seems like it could be a pain in the ass money-wise. The local music store is ridiculous with their prices. I rather try to figure out how to do it myself. Well I didn't have to mess with the springs. It took me an hour, but I figured out what needed to be done. I turned my tuning keys way down to the point where the tremolo sunk into the body and then re-tuned carefully eying the hell out of the angle and trying to keep it right, I got as close as I could to the tuning I wanted and the angle is good now. Thanks for the advice guys, but if there is anything I am missing please fill me in haha.