Quote by madbasslover
Yeah, it's called sampling. People do it all the time. I think if it's from a copyrighted film you have to have your people call their people, but it's perfectly legal.

erm im just thinking of taking a little line from The Orphan which i bet IS copyrighted, however calling these people and going thru that stuff is a HUGE hassle for a little song...

so legalyl you have to have an agreement?

EDIT: the song is going into an album

plus another question, can you use a name from a movie and niot credit it or something. like what if you call a sogn Bespin and that's the sky city in the Star Wars but hey Bespin aint a trademark or anything at all right?
Last edited by Vendetta V at Jul 18, 2011,
To be honest, legal or not, nobody's gonna have a problem with it unless it makes it into the charts, so I wouldn't worry about it. And yeah naming a song after a city in Star Wars is fine, Anchorhead are a band named after the same thing
Yeah, naming something after another thing isn't illegal unless you also named a sky city that or something.
Quote by amonamarthmetal
i was trollin the troll, he was being a Douche, therefore, i will be a douche to him.

No he wasn't. It's an actual site...
Quote by amonamarthmetal
i was trollin the troll, he was being a Douche, therefore, i will be a douche to him.

ಠ_ಠ
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Vendetta V
will that infridge any copyright stuff?? I'm talking of using a "It's Aliiiive" or some stupid line that won't make sense or tell what movie it is from, it's not a crucial piece or something. not like "this is sparta" or like "may the force be with you"

is it legal?

Yes, however, your song will sound like every song Rob Zombie has ever released.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Yeah you can use it. You might want to look into the DMCA
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.