i have a fender mustang, i use medium strings on it but i have a problem with it. it cant bend. the top E is the worst it can only bend about about 1 note up then the sound just seems to fizzel out, the b seems to bend about 1 and a half notes then does the same thing, then the g about 3 then the same problem. does anyone know what the problem.
sounds like you need a good setup. you may also need a little fret work as it sounds like your notes are fretting out. this is often caused by uneven fret height.
the guitar is brand new and by looking at the frets they dont look bad but when i go to my next guitar lesson ill have my teacher have alook at them. thanks
Quote by monwobobbo
sounds like you need a good setup. you may also need a little fret work as it sounds like your notes are fretting out. this is often caused by uneven fret height.

+1
This could very well be a technique problem tbh, the "fizzling out" could mean that you release pressure on the strings without realising.
My gear:

Ibanez S5470-TKS with a BKP Nailbomb Bridge, Cold Sweat Neck, Trillogy Suite Middle single coil
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Cube 60
M-Audio Fast Track Pro
Guitar Rig 5
actually i just raised the action which solved the problem. i had it razor thin but now it works fine