I have a Boss ME-20 and a Digitech GNX1...I might use 10% of the features. The GNX1 has a 40 page friggin manual with a billion instructions

I want to buy a 'simple' Mfx pedal new or used

I don't need 'to program' it. I don't want to save patches I don't need bells and whistles. I don't want to need to be a computer programmer to read the manual.

Can anyone recommend a simple 'easy to use' Mxf pedal that someone with average intelligence can use...turn a knob or hit a button and 'that's it' for choosing amp model and effects?

If it has midi input, etc. that's fine but I never use those do-dads. I'm looking for simplicity of use with decent effects, etc.

New or anything from the past three years or so

Thanks for any recommendations.
Budget?

Look at the digitech rp units. Very easy to use and sound great.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Line 6 M13 Stompbox modeller?
Fender MIM 60th Anniversary Strat
Freshman Apollo Electro-acoustic
Line 6 POD HD500
Marshall MG15CD
The new Zoom G3 is a stombox modeler like the Line 6 M series. But it's half the cost of the M9 with about the same functionality.

The clip "Baldwin Park" in my profile was recorded while sitting in the park with my guitar, G3, Backtrack recorder, and a set of headphones. All powered with batteries. It has a built in drum machine and 40 sec looper, so you can overdub and jam with yourself (no sexual pun intended).
I have a GNX4 and It's pretty easy to use. There's 5 dials on it. Use the effects button selector arrows right next to the dials to select an effect. Start turning dials and get different sounds. I can't see how it can get easier than that. Most amps have more dials.
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll look them up on You tube for demos.
Quote by Phat Stud 55
I have a GNX4 and It's pretty easy to use. There's 5 dials on it. Use the effects button selector arrows right next to the dials to select an effect. Start turning dials and get different sounds. I can't see how it can get easier than that. Most amps have more dials.

Thanks for your input but I looked it up. Looks like a good unit but it's exactly what I don't want.
Quote by kutless999
Budget?

Look at the digitech rp units. Very easy to use and sound great.

will do.

I don't care about budget. I care about simplicity. It seems a $500 unit just has more useless bells and whistles (at least for me) than a $100 unit.

these things are upgraded to 'do more, do more, do more...' yikes. I don't need 'inrteface' this and ''plug into' some weird mixer or whatever.
I want a half dozen dials I can turn or buttons I can push..
Quote by Pocopot
will do.

I don't care about budget. I care about simplicity. It seems a $500 unit just has more useless bells and whistles (at least for me) than a $100 unit.

these things are upgraded to 'do more, do more, do more...' yikes. I don't need 'inrteface' this and ''plug into' some weird mixer or whatever.
I want a half dozen dials I can turn or buttons I can push..

By their nature, multiFX tend to be versatile and complex by design. You want simple, get stompboxes.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Found it

DigiTech RP70. Went on line and viewed demos.

Price new $80

Searched local ads and there's one for $50 'like new'.
Quite frankly I think you are wasting your money, and would be better served just learning to use the GNX1 then buying that piece of crap. But it's a free country.
Quote by Dmaj7
Try that Vox valvetronix board. Looks pretty simple to me.

Don't know what that is.

I have a couple of Vox Valvetronix amps. I never use all this 'write' and 'edit'; stuff. I was on another guitar forum and about 12 posters answered another poster's question on these Valvetronx amps and said the same thing. They either never tried the 'write' programs or used it once and then forgot about it.

All these pricey mult-effects peddles get dated quickly once the 'new and improved' edition comes out.
super cheap. I would look at these before buying an expensive one, cause truth is, none of them are worth it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/vox-tonelab-st-guitar-multi-effects-pedal\

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/vox-tonelab-ex-guitar-multi-effects-pedal

If you want a real good tone and good effects, start collecting stompboxes, if you plan on playing for money or with a band.
Quote by Dmaj7
super cheap. I would look at these before buying an expensive one, cause truth is, none of them are worth it.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/vox-tonelab-st-guitar-multi-effects-pedal\

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/vox-tonelab-ex-guitar-multi-effects-pedal

If you want a real good tone and good effects, start collecting stompboxes, if you plan on playing for money or with a band.

Thanks for taking the time to post the links. I'll check the vox on you tube

Yes, I have stomp boxes. It would be nice to find an multieffects pedal that just offers those features and not gets side tracked offering a zillion other features that few people ever actually use.

%Today I used the Digitech GNX...pressed a wrong button and, sure enough, get caught in a digital maze. Hit 'exit' and it does zip. Unplug it and get out the manual which is useless. After hitting more buttons finally get it back to presets.
No problem. It looks really simple. Maybe programming the presets might be confusing but you don't have to do presets if you don't want to. But i'm not sure, I haven't looked at it much.
I know what you want, Boss ME-50 or Boss ME-70.

Why? They're all knob controlled and none of that matrix crap.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
I don't want to sound like Mr Negativity so glad to give praise to digital technology where it is due. I recently added a Boss RC3 loop Station pedal to my arsenal. It is 'simple' in use and works like a charm. Picked it up used for $90 but 'if' it got stolen or whatever i'd buy a new one in a nano-second.

Wish there was this 'simplicity' in a multi effects peddle.
The GNX is a fairly simple unit. I've had a few multifx where I couldn't figure out a couple things and the manual stunk, but after I finally got the info it was smooth sailing. It's possible your GNX has something wrong with it. Perhaps the Exit button is broke.

If you can recreate the problem, I can check my GNX4 to verify if you are doing the right thing.
I would just learn to use what you already have. It's all really simple already compared to something like the Axe FX.
PM to contact me -- For Sale:
ESP X-Tone series hard case
Big Muff Pi
MXR 10 Band EQ (maybe)
Boss RV-3
Quote by OldRocker
I know what you want, Boss ME-50 or Boss ME-70.

Why? They're all knob controlled and none of that matrix crap.

I second this, but it scares me you have to trouble with an ME-20, it took me a day to figure out the entire unit without an instruction manual.
Quote by ragingkitty
By their nature, multiFX tend to be versatile and complex by design. You want simple, get stompboxes.

+1. Why are you looking for an MFX if budget isn't an issue and you want simlicity? No MFX will be as simple as you want.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Can I plug a guitar and a vocal mic into the Boss RC-3 at the same time? Daft question but thought I would ask.