http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/08/health/psychology/08evil.html

The above is a thought provoking article about some forensic psychiatrists using the word 'evil' and not just 'disturbed' to label some patients whose "deliberate, habitual savagery defies any psychological explanation or attempt at treatment".

Who amongst you believe that there are people in the world that are so 'wrong' that they could be objectively labeled 'evil' ?
Every
Villain
Is
Lemons
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Eeeeevvviiillllllll!
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
Hitler?

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by EMGs_rule
Hitler?

I don't think he was evil. He thought he was doing the right thing.

If you're going to be evil you've got to know you're doing the wrong thing and not give a fu ck.
Quote by EMGs_rule
Hitler?

Say what you like, he reformed public transport, and I'd say reforming public transport is a more important endeavour than not gassing people. Buses are wank.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
Say what you like, he reformed public transport, and I'd say reforming public transport is a more important endeavour than not gassing people. Buses are wank.

He also did more for animal rights than pretty much any leader in modern world history.
Quote by michal23
He also did more for animal rights than pretty much any leader in modern world history.
Stop accidentally supporting brutal dictators.
Quote by michal23

didn't know that.. He is one of my favourite leaders actually.. man is brilliant and charismatic.. the only issue is... that locking up and gassing all those jews..
Quote by spitonastranger
If there was an election he probably would have won
Wat. He eliminated the opposition = autocracy. I didn't realise this was a touchy issue.
Quote by psyks
Wat. He eliminated the opposition = autocracy. I didn't realise this was a touchy issue.

Yeah but if he was a candidate in a fairly run election he probably would have won that election. The german people supported him for the most part and he was very charismatic.
Quote by spitonastranger
Yeah but if he was...
So you're saying Hitler wasn't a dictator, yes or no?
Quote by psyks

Of course he was a dictator, i was just pointing out that he had the support of a lot of the german people.
Quote by psyks

Why do you have a grudge against poor Adolf?
Quote by spitonastranger
I don't think he was evil. He thought he was doing the right thing.

If you're going to be evil you've got to know you're doing the wrong thing and not give a fu ck.

I agree, partly. Because, then we could also say he was only helping the community, just as he probably thought. I think it matters what the majority thinks about someone, not what you call yourself.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Guys, Hitler was elected in a democratic election.

Still turned out to be a monster, though.
Quote by Rising
Guys, Hitler was elected in a democratic election.

Still turned out to be a monster, though.

Good thing that doesn't happen these days.

...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by spitonastranger
Of course he was a dictator, i was just pointing out that he had the support of a lot of the german people.
So why did you start arguing?
Quote by Guodlca
I agree, partly. Because, then we could also say he was only helping the community, just as he probably thought. I think it matters what the majority thinks about someone, not what you call yourself.

Yes it does.

What would you call a person who murders people in cold blood with no remorse knowing that it's wrong and taking pleasure in it?

Quote by psyks
So why did you start arguing?

I'm sorry friend, it was all just a misunderstanding.
Last edited by spitonastranger at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by PeZ546
Surely it's not proper practice for Medical Professionals to use sensationalist terms like that?

Yeah i know, that's what the article is about. One side say that 'evil is subjective and sensationalist' like you did, and the other side say that they've seen people who don't fit any other description.
Quote by NightPhoenix
didn't know that.. He is one of my favourite leaders actually.. man is brilliant and charismatic.. the only issue is... that locking up and gassing all those jews..

"Hitler will emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived... He had a mystery about him in the way that he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him. He had in him the stuff of which legends are made." - John F. Kennedy, President of the United States