Ok so most of us on here play an instrument but I'm sure a lot of you also have some knowledge in the world of music production and making your own electronic music

I've been wanting to get into making my own electronic music for a few months now so I thought hey now is a good time I think.

I'm looking to start making my own music and would mainly be looking at electronic music such as Deadmau5 and The Prodigy (early stuff) as these are who I mainly listen to. I enjoy dubstep, drum and bass, house, techno and other forms of electronic music also and would love to branch out into these areas one day.

I have fruity loops and ableton live but was wondering what else I would need to get me started in the world of music production?

So I was just wondering if any of you here on ultimate guitar had any advice on where to start and what to do?
Things I need to buy?
Tutorials?
Websites?

I'd just like some simple advice that will get me on my way. (Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum)

Thanks
Which physical instruments are you looking to record and what gear do you have already?
Get Massive. Proceed to make many Saw Wave patches. Make Deadmau5 tunes.

EDIT: Get an assload of drum samples too. Vengeance packs are fairly popular.
Last edited by willT08 at Jul 18, 2011,
for what you want I'd get z3ta+, it's my go to vsti, I use it for 8-bit, dubstep, techno, dnb, and everything in between. I also use FL studio 8 XXL. (look on my pro or go to my link to hear what I do with it.) I also use FL stock drum samples a lot, but no one would know it since I edit and master the piss out of them.

Also search UG for the electronic label thread, this is where this post really belongs, plus you'll be able to get more help there:]

good luck.
Last edited by stratkat at Jul 18, 2011,