Searchbar came up empty.

So, I was doing a little bit of research because a (Actually, AN. An incredibly misinformed friend) friend and I were having a (Again, actually AN. An idiotic debate) debate that essentially boiled down to him calling me a communist whilst asserting his dominance because he was part of the Republican party. (I'm actually not affiliated with any party. Party politics is an annoyance)...

... Cut to today! I woke up, fell asleep, woke up, fell asleep, played some guitar... And ran across this article!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/post/herman-cain-strives-for-new-levels-of-anti-muslim-buffoonery/2011/03/04/gIQAJ7WpLI_blog.html

Quote by ARTICLE
CAIN: They could say that. Chris, lets go back to the fundamental issue that the people are basically saying they’re objecting to. They’re objecting to the fact Islam is both a religion and a set of laws, Sharia law. That’s the difference between any one of our other traditional religions where it’s just about religious purposes. The people in the community know best, and I happen to side with the people in Murfreesboro.

WALLACE: You’re saying any community, if they want to ban a mosque?

CAIN: Yes. They have a right to do that. That’s not discriminating based upon religion.

Let me remind you that, on several occasions, Cain has been lauded as the GOP frontrunner, and winner of that one debate no one cared for. My question posed is thus:

Does he scare anyone else? Do you think anyone will actually vote for him, either in the primaries or in the general election?

tl;dr - Herman Cain doesn't like Muslims. Herman Cain proposes community action to discriminate against Muslims. Herman Cain doesn't think its discriminatory. Bricks in mah' pants.
"We follow a law higher than that of man's"
Is something I hear commonly when people talk about Christianity.
Cain is either lying or supremely ignorant when he says that's the difference between Islam and other religions.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
herman cain is an idiot, i mean we are talking about the guy who said "if i get elected were only going to allow small bills"

im more scared of his background as a CEO and deregulation then his irrational fear of muslims
The difference between Christianity and Islam in that regard is that in Islam the Sharia Law is supposed to be the actual law. It is expected in Islam that the government of a nation be Islamic and its laws be Islamic.

That said, that's a completely ridiculous reason to ban the existence of a place of worship. Most Muslims don't actually want to take over the world and turn it into some kind of Islamic dictatorship. Behavior like this is only going to produce more of the Muslims they're trying to avoid.
I saw the interview live on fox and he is not the GOP frontrunner...infact hes last in the polls at the iowa caucus with 1%. If i were you, id watch out for michelle bachman who is like 3rd

and by watch out i mean...if she gets elected move to canada
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Last edited by cteez910 at Jul 18, 2011,
michelle bachman haha, a gay husband who runs a "clinic" to "turn" men straight........

cause we all know you choose to be straight so you must choose to be gay
The GOP is just humoring him. Let's face it, he's black and they're never going to accept that. I think it's hilarious that he's trying to appeal to a racist platform while ultimately suffering the same fate.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
The GOP is just humoring him. Let's face it, he's black and they're never going to accept that. I think it's hilarious that he's trying to appeal to a racist platform while ultimately suffering the same fate.

i read this article yesterday and talked about it with a friend of mine.

Cain is trying to appeal to people by telling them "you can make a difference". All in all, the fundamental principle of what he's trying to get across isn't terrible, however the execution of that principle, especially considering the issue, makes me want to find Cain and punch him in the face.

Shariah Law seems to be the new thing people get uptight about. As if Christianity doesn't have rules (the obvious ones aside) that have been made into enforceable law in this country...and as if ANY religion hasn't, at some point or another, been a part of a country's government. To me, the hypocrisy is unbearable. Not to mention that banning the construction of a place of worship is directly against the U.S. constitution, you know, freedom of religion and all that.

All in all Cain is playing on people's dumbfounded fear of Shariah Law, which in reality is nothing to be afraid of. Repubs becoming flaming bigots and closet racists? Old news as far as im concerned. How he believes this not to be discrimination, i cannot fathom.

oh btdubs, anyone else find it ironic that a black guy is all for denying a people a civil liberty/right?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Last edited by Waterboy799 at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by L2112Lif
Does he scare anyone else?

Probably, but he doesn't scare me.

Do you think anyone will actually vote for him, either in the primaries or in the general election?

Yes, some people will. He has no chance of getting elected, however.
I don't think he's eligible. I haven't seen his birth certificate.
And he's probably from god damn Nairobi
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

Quote by L2112Lif

Let me remind you that, on several occasions, Cain has been lauded as the GOP frontrunner

Which occasions? I haven't heard him mentioned as anything but a fringe-candidate.

No one would vote for him. Even within his own party.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Quote by chud123
we all know you choose to be straight so you must choose to be gay

that is the most ignorant thing I've ever read on these forums. idiot. men are born straight, and they can choose to be gay. Don't tell me that you believe after thouasands of years of existence, in the last 50 years human beings are now also born gay. You can't claim genetics, because IF there was a gay gene, well how would it be passed on to offspring? 2 dudes can't make a baby, straight is natural.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by ZanasCross
1st grade up through 5th grade, the cool kids always sat in the back of the bus, so I never understood why Black people were so upset, I thought we were telling them they were cool.
Cain's never been a GOP frontrunner, and he probably won't be until he starts letting people put their penises in his mouth.

On top of that, his company makes shitty pizzas.
Quote by Wibanez
that is the most ignorant thing I've ever read on these forums. idiot. men are born straight, and they can choose to be gay. Don't tell me that you believe after thouasands of years of existence, in the last 50 years human beings are now also born gay. You can't claim genetics, because IF there was a gay gene, well how would it be passed on to offspring? 2 dudes can't make a baby, straight is natural.

Hey dipshit, gays have been around longer than 50 years.
Heres Alan Turing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Turing

He helped ****ing win WWII. They found out he was gay and chemically castrated him.
You're telling me he chose to be chemically castrated?

And you clearly have no god damn clue how genes work.
Quote by RU Experienced?

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

Last edited by abdulalhazred at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by Wibanez

man i really hope your joking.

being gay isnt really a new concept, plenty of men throughout history were gay. also who would choose to be gay? it doesnt make any sense. "oh yea id like to be gay because of all the sick benefits we get, like inequality, man i just love being looked down upon by society!"

also, if you were a rational person and actually talked to a homosexual you would understand that they had as much control over who they are sexually attracted to as you.
Quote by Wibanez

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality_in_ancient_Greece