Well im gonna be a freshman next year at the Univ. of South Carolina, and im majoring in international business and Chinese and a minor in music entrepreneurship. Now i took my AP Music Theory exam and got 5 a five and a 5 on both subscores. Now my question is that i want to continue studying music but i dont really know how. There doesnt seem to be that much elective room in my current major but i wanna continue to study music.
Because of my AP score i get to exempt 4 music classes, which would help if i wanted to double minor as well, but i think that might be too much to handle. Any suggestions UG?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
You could always take summer music courses? Or over winter break? That way you still get the class and you're not being hounded with too much at one time.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Now with 20 percent more Allah!!!

Quote by Borsworth
^^^

Quote by GoldenRose94

that'd be slightly creepy if i didn't find it so amusing.
it all depends what you really want, if you really want to study music drop chinese or change majors to allow a light class load. but if music is simply a passion you want with you, then maybe do some after school learning with it? (guitar teacher or just self teaching maybe) or you could always talk to a music professor
Quote by chud123
it all depends what you really want, if you really want to study music drop chinese or change majors to allow a light class load. but if music is simply a passion you want with you, then maybe do some after school learning with it? (guitar teacher or just self teaching maybe) or you could always talk to a music professor

Well for the international business program you have to do a language major with it. and id rather have some type of music study in school on the off chance that i could get a good job in the field plus grad school is gonna be a bitch...
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 FR
Fender Stratocaster Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Classic (w/ EMG-81)
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
They should really consider music as a second language. It has it's own alphabet and dialect.

I'd say let yourself choose what you really want to do. You can convince your academic counselor that business and music entrepreneurship can definitely go hand in hand, but you'll need to find some alternatives because that's quite a workload. Definitely follow the suggestions above, talk to a professor, scope out some elective studies, and find seasonal opportunities. Other than that, you may be left with borrowing some books and self-teaching at your own devices. Is it possible to exchange some requirements for another semester? Look into that - but definitely do now squander your electives.

And congratulations on your perfect 5. I got a 2 with both subscores being a 2, which was a downer. but I enjoyed every moment of my AP - combined with General Theory - class (pretty much the best class of all four high school years).
We're all alright!