I'm considering an Air Zone, True Velvet, and Air Norton. I've played RGs with the True Velvet and Air Norton but the Tone Zone left something to be desired. I want something more classic and vintage. I want something warm, fat, and harmonically active. I also want it to be open and dynamic. I found that the Tone Zone was lacking in openess and dynamics. The current pickups in my RG sound good but they're very modern sounding. I've read reviews and the Air Zone and it seems to be exactly what I want. I'm just wondering if anyone has tried this set. I'm mainly concerned with whether it works for metal. I'm not expecting it to be the best metal pickup, I just don't want it to sound terrible.
Have you considered Bare Knuckle pickups?
I've heard good things about their aftermath pickup

(and also aren't the pickups you're looking at in some of the prestige models...like the RG3550....or numbers to that effect)
I personally love the Fred. It's one of Joe Satriani's signature pickups. His tone is simply amazing. He has moved to the Mo'Joe now which a like a higher output fred.
Quote by W4RP1G
I personally love the Fred. It's one of Joe Satriani's signature pickups. His tone is simply amazing. He has moved to the Mo'Joe now which a like a higher output fred.

I'm not a fan of his tone. It's too modern. It's the exact opposite of what I'm looking for. But then again, I hate the JSX. That might be the amp speaking.

Quote by xFilth
What kind of metal?

As I Lay Dying, All the Remains, Bleeding Through, August Burns Red
I have the Mo Joe and PAF Joe in my RG3EXFM1, love them.
LTD EC-1000 VB
Ibanez RG3EXFM1 (Dimarzio Mo' Joe in bridge, PAF Joe in neck, and Sperzels)
KFG Custom
Ibanez RG2550Z Galaxy White
Epiphone Thunderhorse Explorer

Marshall AVT 275
They all do, but I don't like EMGs for anything other than metal, and that's not my primary genre.
What are the cleans like on the PAF Joe and Mo Joe? Does anyone who has them play through a Fender-style amp and/or have a maple fingerboard? I am curious as to whether the brightness of these will make the pickups overly biting.