Hey, Im buying my first acoustic guitar of my own, and would really like something that has a nice bright tone.

I was looking at an Ibanez AEG20E-W, and the only thing I didn't like about it was the top. IT wasnt solid, but it sounded great actually. It had eveything else I had wanted, the cutaway was great, and it looked like it had nice electronics. Plus it looked beautiful... and it had a slim body (which gave me the tone/feel I wanted)

Any other advice? Really don't want a full sized body, because i like the semi boxyish tones from a smaller bodied one.

EDIT: Price = $200 used at max for now
~~~...:::My Gear:::...~~~
~.:.ESP LTD H-1001FM.:.~
~.:.Peavey Vypyr 15W.:.~
~.:.DigiTech RP355.:.~
~.:.Roland MicroCube.:.~
Last edited by Diesel Weasel at Jul 18, 2011,
Taylors are bright guitars.
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
Some how i dont think $200 is going to buy a Taylor.

Go try out some Yamaha's in my humble opinion there the best bang for buck in your price range.

Cheers
Oops didn't see his edit
2010 Epiphone Dot
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe
2009 Taylor 110 acoustic
yeah i was basically wanting to make sure that the ibanez was not a bad buy. as in i could get something better for the same price, because ive heard ibanez's are a hit or miss, and some people just dont like them at all

EDIT: Yamaha APX500FM. Just noticed this guitar, does it have a solid top? It has the slim body i was looking for and everything.
Last edited by Diesel Weasel at Jul 19, 2011,
Nope, but the APX700 does. That one is a lovely instrument
APX700 is too expensive for me. And if the Ibanez and the APX500 both lack solid tops, I think I'll go for the Ibanez... I need to go play it again.
Hit up Taylor and see if they'll send you a guitar for free.. Just kidding. Try a fender. I have an electric acoustic and the brightness always amazes me. When I play my other guitars then play the fender it's like a world of difference.
Quote by Diesel Weasel
I need to go play it again.

This. Also, get a friend to come with you and give you their opinion of the sound.
If you played it,liked, tested it then go for!
seriously as long as you like the guitar there shouldn't be a problem.
Just play a bunch of guitars, and buy what sounds best to you. $200 used isn't going to get you an amazing sound 99% of the time.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Don't limit yourself to a few brands as well. I'd say you should go to your local music store and play a few guitars. See which guitar suits you (and your price range) the best.

Also try Takamine. Cort also makes some nice acoustics.
I agree, but I'd only buy one if I was going to play with an amp most of the time. The guitar tends to slip (shallow-depth bowl) whilst sitting down, this kinda forces you to use a strap. I also found the bass sound to be a bit thin on ovation guitars.

But thats just my opinion, great guitars though. (especially the 12 string models)
Can anyone tell me what is the purpose of semi electric guitars ??
I mean Why should i buy it? what would be its output ??
You know the basic pros and cons.
I have an electric. i was thinking about buying a semi , but im not sure yet.
so please guide me.
and please tell me what major bands use semi electric more frequently .
ThanQ