i recently aquired an ibanez rg that some one decided to carve into the paint. i dont really care for the way it plays, so i was thinking of fixing it and selling it. i just have no idea what kind of rg it is. it has the edge pro trem, v7, s1, and v8 pups, pick guard, maple fret board. from some quick googling i fould out it was built in the fujigen factory in 1998. can anyone id this thing for me or is more info needed? i dont have pics yet, mainly due to it being so fugly
if i did have all my gear in my sig, id have to change it weekly

"I tried to talk to you and you just kept playing"
"Well why didn't you pull out your boobies?"
"You were busy, I didn't think that would matter."
"Boobies always matter, always."
Sounds like an RG550.
Splawn Quickrod
Various Pedals
PRS Custom 22
Ibanez RG560
American Standard Strat
i was kinda thinking an rg 1570? i was able to do a little research and it was the most similar. i did email ibanez with the serial number as well. still waiting for a reply

You should try giving it a proper set up. You might find that you like what sounds like a really nice RG with a shit-ass paint job.
Where's Waldo?
If its a 1998 model it doesn't have an Edge Pro, and won't be a 1570.
It's probably a LoPro.
Definitely an RG550 though.
Last edited by littlephil at Jul 18, 2011,
Oh yeah, 1997-2002 RG's got Edge's again, not LoPro's.
Bit strange really, they went to the LoPro in 1992, then back to the Edge in 1997 for some reason.
Quote by littlephil
Oh yeah, 1997-2002 RG's got Edge's again, not LoPro's.
Bit strange really, they went to the LoPro in 1992, then back to the Edge in 1997 for some reason.

Yeah I never really understood why they did that either. IMO, the Lo-Pro is a better trem, mostly because I don't find the Edge to have enough pull up space.
The Edge has a bigger pull-up range than the LoPro, because the fine tuner assembly is forwards and a lot higher than it is on the LoPro. On the LoPro, its pretty far back, so it limits how far back the trem can go.

I prefer the Edge personally.
well you guys were right. its a 550. the research i did at first(by searching the pickups) i was leaning twards the 1570. once i searched the 550.....jackpot! thanks alot everyone. im going to tear it down, paint it, fix it, set it up, play it, and maybe love it. if not itll go up for sale with the other 4 im selling

after taking the neck off, it was stamped on the back of the neck and neck pocket rg550. i hope this little bit of info helps someone out in the future