I know there are a lot of threads like this but just answer.

I'm getting my first electric and I'm getting a MIM Strat. I play songs by people like the Strokes and Billy Talent so do you think I should go for the SSS or HSS? I'm going to try them out when I go but I just wanted some opinions.
Last edited by ramram^_^ at Jul 18, 2011,
Def go for HSS. It's going to be more versatile and I hear strat singles in the bridge are poop. I'd also imagine it'd work better for those genres
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
If you're specifically looking for the classic strat sound, go for the SSS. If you're looking for something more versatile, HSS.

Since it's your first electric I'd recommend the HSS, widely regarded as a very versatile guitar.
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by Emperor's Child
Def go for HSS. It's going to be more versatile and I hear strat singles in the bridge are poop. I'd also imagine it'd work better for those genres

useless reply. good advice is based on experience not "i heard". if you don't know then you don't know.

OP try them both out and see what works for you. single coils have a certain sound so see if that is what you really want. a humbucker even in a strat won't get you a single coil tone. if the artists you like use single coils in all positions then that is the way to go if not then an HSS probably would be better.

single coil pups in the bridege position don't sound like pop at all. of course if not eq'd properly on your amp then that can be the result.
Well like I said HSS would suit those genres. I only said "I heard" so OP can look into it himself
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB