I really like the look of the Gibson LP Studio Silverburst. How does this compare to the cheaper Gibson SG?
Quote by JesusCrisp
SGs and Les Pauls are quite different guitars.
You will have to decide yourself.

This. If you're buying a guitar based solely on looks, then get the Les Paul. But if you want to actually play it, you have to find out which you prefer the sound and feel of.

Please, don't start any more two sentence threads unless you absolutely must start a flame war over your vagueness. Get outta here.

EDIT: Looks are just as subjective as sound. If you want to compare two guitars' aesthetics, look them up on Musician's Friend or GC.com. Now seriously, gtfo.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
Last edited by jwd724 at Jul 18, 2011,
jwd was a bit rude about it, but I do agree - you've posted quite a lot of threads about guitars, but they're almost all the same thread, containing no information and asking only the vaguest of questions. We can't really help if you just ask "what's it like" or how two guitars compare, if we don't have any information about how you would use or compare those instruments.
god damn rude ass hats. dont waste your cash on a gibson. get a custom shop whatever you want. you will be happier in the end trust me
Quote by hawk6611
god damn rude ass hats. dont waste your cash on a gibson. get a custom shop whatever you want. you will be happier in the end trust me

$1200 isnt going to be much of a custom shop unless you go through Carvin, which isnt what i think of a custom shop guitar.

TS, as stated above, provide more info. Personally, I would go for a les paul.
The 490 498 pickup combo sound much better in a mahogany guitar. They are to bright in the LP with a maple cap IMO. I much preferred my stock sg standard vs my old stock LP studio.