Hi guys

Just wondering if anyone could help me out by recommending some good software for a pc (yeah i cant afford a mac) to record and combine two seperate guitar tracks. I've tried a load of apps for my iphone 4 and i've seen mixcraft and such but I don't really need to spend excessive amounts of money on recording basic pre-demo tracks.

Any help would be great appreciated thanks!
^ +1 Audacity is good and free, which is always nice. For more features, you can pay £25 ($40) for Cockos Reaper, which is a bit more pro. And you can try it free for 30 days as a test.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
Audacity is good. I've used Reaper and Cubase and they're both pretty good. Audacity will get the job done, but if you need just that little extra power you can't go wrong with Reaper - especially for the price.
Reaper. Audicity is meh.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Audacity is horrible.

Reaper is the only "free" solution worth getting - No, you do NOT have to pay for it after the 30 day "trial," you can choose to "donate" for a license, but the program will continue to work completely after your 30 days are up.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jul 18, 2011,
Reaper is excellent - for what it is it's great. I have and use Pro Tools, Ableton Live but for quickness and ease of use I always use Reaper a bit more. Also as an alternative LMMS (Linux Multimedia Studio) isn't too bad it is also free no trial or anything full use for free and despite it's name runs on Windows 32/64.
Anything other than Cubase. That program is a dinosaur turd!!
"Virtually no one who is taught Relativity continues to read the Bible."

I love Cubase, but we don't know if that is within his budget or not.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
I like Cubase, I like Sonar, I like Studio One and I like Reaper - they all work beautifully for me and REAPER wins hands down for the $$$$.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by ibanart300
Reaper is excellent - for what it is it's great. I have and use Pro Tools, Ableton Live but for quickness and ease of use I always use Reaper a bit more. Also as an alternative LMMS (Linux Multimedia Studio) isn't too bad it is also free no trial or anything full use for free and despite it's name runs on Windows 32/64.

+1, I have Pro Tools 9, and I find myself, more often than not, using Reaper. If it's a big elaborate project, I'll load up PT9, but I'm so used to using Reaper that most things are much quicker for me to do on it.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com