Page 1 of 5
How many of you are interested in doing a UG Smash Bros tournament online? You'll need a Wii and some internets, obviously, and a copy of Brawl might help.

I'm gonna need some help for rule drafting. I'm thinking for the sake of uniformity that we keep all items off and play all matches on the same stages (or all matches on random stages). Based on how many people sign up we can determine how many people will play per match, and whether it's going to be double or single elimination.

RULES (tentative):

- No items

- 3 lives per round, 8 minute time limit, best two out of 3

- First match played at Final Destination, second match played at Battlefield, third match will be player's choice.

- Meta Knight's "Infinite" Dimensional Cape technique is banned

- The loser of each match will be banned* a number of days corresponding to the number of round it is. For instance, losers of the first round will be banned for one day, losers in the second round will be banned for two days, etc. Stakes get higher as you get closer to victory

- Bans will be administered at the end of the tournament so you can still (A): watch the thread and (B): be eligible for BAN IMMUNITY!

- To be eligible for ban immunity, you must record your own kills, deaths self-destructs, smash attacks, damage given, and damage taken for each match. These figures will be calculated at the end of the tournament to see who excelled in each category and who averaged the highest numbers. The winners of these competitions will be exempt from the losing bans.

- First, second, and third place will be exempt from bans.

- Forfeitures will result in a 10 day ban, because nobody likes a quitter

- All bans are unofficial and will NOT stay on your record.

*may or may not have access to fotb

When the matchups are ready and the tournament starts, each group of fighters will be given a deadline to have their fight finished by. When the fight is over, the combatants should report back to the results thread.

Entrants:

With friend codes:

jetfuel495 ( 2191-7303-3543 )
imdeth ( 3910-6624-2943 )
Funky_Fresh91 ( 5458-1174-1899 )
eNdInGs CoMe ( 0990-8444-1693 )
Dwight.Schrute ( 3609-0965-8713 )
blizzboy ( 5198-2474-6650 )
Tupu ( 2063-0846-3955 )
Sgt. Slaughter ( 4727-8358-1258 )
dillonrips7 ( 3695-2282-4021 )
meh555 ( 1891-2688-5873 )
muffinduck01 ( 3566-1222-0531 )
dlguitarmaster7 ( 0947-6605-2902 )
izbbass ( 2277-7064-1887 )
RosieRamone ( 3824-0025-3280 )
crimsonblood12 ( 1635-6034-4381 )
yellowfrizbee ( 1246-8516-7156 )
Haggard_Cky ( 4296-2685-5835 )

Waiting on friend codes:

blake1221
Duffman123
nashawa
DempseyPunk
salrap10
MeGaDeth2314
FrustratedRocka
LazyLatinoRocke
IommiPage
xcherrykatiex
DefectedFromGod
Peow !

Tentative:

Ichikurosaki
stratkat
darklite41
WCPhils
Smeghead64
ChristophskiSav

Deadline for signups is Saturday, July 23rd at 11:59PM CST.

PLEASE put your friend code in your post as well. You can sign up now and post the code later, but if it's not in by the deadline, you're out.

Doesn't matter if your connection lags or you suck at the game. If you have it, sign up! If you don't have it, you probably hate kittens, which makes you a terrible person.

As a final note,

Good Questions:

Quote by ChristophskiSav
What times are we looking at for these matches?
I'm thinking as soon as sign ups are completed I'm gonna take a few days off to organize everything into rounds with 1 on 1 matchups.

Once the matchups are completed, the first round will begin and last for a week. When you play your match is between you and your opponent, all that matters is that your results are in by the deadline.

Quote by jaybsp
How are you going to get around different time zones, especially because most people here are from the US and UK it's like a 6-8 hour difference isn't it?

Hmmm. Hadn't thought much about that. Good thing this is summer, most people don't have school.

There's lots of times that work for both groups, though. For instance, 3pm in my time zone is like 9pm in England. Worst case scenario, someone will have to wake up early or stay up late.

Be sure to get the friend code from the in-game Brawl menu, not from the wii homescreen
I might. Have to set my Wii back up though
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Son of a b...

I don't own or ever even was a fan of Brawl.

Melee is where it's at

Somebody start a Halo UG tournament.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: The Police

#wolfie2017 #freegyros #gifsftw G7#9
Melee > Brawl

Always has been, always will
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
Quote by :Vicious--
Melee > Brawl

Always has been, always will

Brawl was disappointing, to say the least. It wasn't BAD, just not Melee-worthy. Reminds me of Chinese Democracy.

I'll still keep checking into this thread, as part of an audience.

Quote by jetfuel495
Yes, but, it wasn't online

There's always Project M (which is like Melee 2.0), but I doubt there's many people here with it.
Wait WHAT?

*Googles*

Brawl was too slow IMO, but it's the only one that ever went online. If Melee was online I'd have made this years ago

Brawl is pretty cheap now, you can just go out and get it for like ten bucks.
Quote by FlashNinja
I neither have a Wii or this game.

How many kittens have you curbstomped?
Quote by jetfuel495

Brawl is pretty cheap now, you can just go out and get it for like ten bucks.
How many kittens have you curbstomped?

Too many, my lad. Too many...
wow... you're trying to host a tournament yet you don't follow good tournament rules.

go to smashboards and learn your trade
I also don't own a Wii nor this game, however I'm a freak of nature. I like kittehs.

Anyway, this thread isn't a debate on whether Melee was better than Brawl (which we have now concluded), so come on everybody (who owns the clearly inferior sequel to Super Smash Bros), sign up. This should be interesting.

I'm not a terrible person.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Phazix
There is a plethora of things you need to know before hosting a tourney, it would take too long for me to type.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Tournament_legal_(SSBB))

to get you started

This is actually very helpful, thanks. Would you like to help organize the tournament?
Brawl sucks, the first two were waaay better, lolollololollololol
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yes.

Although I'm going to get my 7 year old brother to play for me because he's awesome and he'll kick you asses
Ugh.. you kids are ridiculous. We all know Melee is better. Can you play melee online? What's that? You can't? Holy shit! Well, then I guess you should stop bitching, eh?

I'll go grab my friend code in a little while.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by jetfuel495
This is actually very helpful, thanks. Would you like to help organize the tournament?

Is this just a friendly tournament with no money? If so you can do it by yourself easily

but i'm a melee player myself, dont really enjoy brawl that much
I'd probably have entered but it's on at a really bad time for me. Brawl's online tends to be woeful anyway.

I like the idea of UG tournaments but from experiance they always fall through if you pick something not everyone has access to. Hence why my MvC3 tournament fell through. The only thing I can see working is games from the GGPO library.

A Blazblue tournament would be amazing, but it'll never happen. >_>
Last edited by Kyose at Jul 18, 2011,
Quote by Phazix
Is this just a friendly tournament with no money? If so you can do it by yourself easily

but i'm a melee player myself, dont really enjoy brawl that much

Yeah, it's all a friendly tournament. I lost my competitive edge when I started playing guitar

I prefer Melee as well, but hey, what can you do? Project M is helping make Brawl a decent game. I just hope they can get it right.
I would love to be in this.

BUT

My Wii recently stopped reading discs. I sent it to Nintendo two days ago, and according to their support, it'll be back to me, working, in two or three weeks. If I can either be scheduled later in the tourney, or the deadline is far back enough, count me in. If not, I am a sad panda.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Kyose

Especially sinCe I have it on the 360...and it's Calamity Trigger not Continuum.
lol @ Blazblue.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Kyose
I'd probably have entered but it's on at a really bad time for me. Brawl's online tends to be woeful anyway.

I like the idea of UG tournaments but from experiance they always fall through if you pick something not everyone has access to. Hence why my MvC3 tournament fell through. The only thing I can see working is games from the GGPO library.

Yes it will, I assume you play with Hazama, I'm trying him now but since the 1.03 patch things are a bit different....

mmm... SSFIV???
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Just sayin'.

I stickied.

Quote by Ostinattos
Yes it will, I assume you play with Hazama, I'm trying him now but since the 1.03 patch things are a bit different....

mmm... SSFIV???

Actually I play Noel, I just like Hazama as a character.

More people would have it but console differences would ruin the tournament.
I'd say just run a 2 turbo or third strike tournament on GGPO.
Last edited by Kyose at Jul 18, 2011,
Page 1 of 5